“Perfect Overnight Hotel for Business Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North to your Saves list
Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008 (Camelback East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 175 hotels in Phoenix
NY
“Perfect Overnight Hotel for Business Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a quick in/out business trip. I'm a very picky traveler (elite status at Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt properties) and this hotel was a good choice. The rooms were clean, the onsite dining options were decent and the location was perfect.

While the rooms surrounding the pool aren't entirely protected from the noise, the noise does not travel to the interior bedroom when the door is closed.

The workout facility was very clean and well maintained. It had what I needed for a decent workout.

The on property breakfast was good.

I will return to this hotel next time I am in PHX

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Trent C, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Carrissa,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the hotel. I'm glad you found the hotel to your liking at that you were able to take advantage of so many of our wonderful amenities. The pool setting is indeed very relaxing and the workout facility is top notch. We look forward to seeing you again.

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Millersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived late and had an issue with the toilet not working correctly. Front desk staff came up and took care of it immediately. We also were able to get a free a shuttle ride up to the shopping area near ASU. Clean rooms. Breakfast buffet was included. Loved free pick up and drop off at the airport.

• Stayed March 2013
momheis,

Thank you for the review as it pertains to your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport North. i'm glad you found the shuttle to be such a great perk for your stay and that the staff was extremely helpful. We look forward to your next stay and hope to see you again

Cuyahoga Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Picked this property because I had a free night. There are two Holiday Inns at the Phoenix airport and this one had a shuttle. Did not really investigate the property before booking. I could not believe how beautiful it was...the rooms were gorgeous and the landscaping was fantastic! Every room is a suite. You walk into the room and there is a HUGE TV, a wet bar with a sink, microwave and fridge and plenty of space to kick back. The sofa is a 2-person pull-out sofa, so it will sleep 2 small children or one teenager/adult. If you have 6 people, this might not work for you. There is a door between living room and bedroom. Again, beautiful decor, comfortable beds. The ONLY problem is that the sink is in the bedroom. The toilet and bathtub are behind a closed door. If your family gets up at the same time, this might not be an issue. But I had to get up earlier than the rest of the family to pack. I took my shower, but was unable to dry and curl my hair or put on my make-up without disturbing them. There is a big mirror in the living room area. I could have gotten ready in the living room because we were not using the sleeper bed, but would have had to move all my supplies and didn't want to turn on the lights. This is not a huge deal, but it was awkward.

Our room did not come with breakfast. They had a delicious breakfast buffet that was $10 per person. If you ate, the kids got to choose off the kids menu for free. That was great, except that we were done eating before their food arrived. A better choice would be reduced pricing for children.

I heard a customer ask a server where there was a car wash so they could clean their rental. She said she didn't think there was one close. I mentioned it to my husband who had noticed one across the street. The neighborhood was fine. The pool area was great, but jets on the hot tub were not working. Had a beatiful, covered seating area beside pool

I had to do a load of laundry. I was happy because the door was LOCKED and it was right across from the pool. (That was NOT in the case in all of the hotels on this vacation). I was comfortable starting a load and being able to keep my eye on the door. There are two washing machines and two dryers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shannon T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed thoughts about your stay at our hotel. Such insightful and descriptive feedback is appreciated and really shares with other the wonderful amenities that we offer here at the hotel. I'm pleased that we were able to provide you a great place to stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had to stay in Phoenix last October for a meeting and this Holiday Inn was great. I had a suite which made the 5 days I was there more relaxing and I had room service several of those nights. Food was good and very convenient since I did not have a car to get around the city. The shuttle service was great and the driver, I think was Dan, was fantastic!
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Trent C, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Chad H,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us back in October. I will pass along your comments to Dan and his Manager and let them know that he left a lasting impression with you in regards to the service he provided. If your business returns you to the Phoenix area again we hope to have you stay with us.

Thanks,
Beith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We used the hotel for a night stop in Phoenix, before collecting our hire car and driving to Flagstaff the following day.
We had booked a 1 room suite, which consisted of a separate bedroom of 2 queen size, en-suite bathroom, kitchen area and living room.
The size of the rooms would make this an excellent choice for a longer stay than the 1 night we had.
Breakfast was taken in the hotel restaurant and was fairly priced and good quality.
Would stay at this hotel again if ever in Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
zaphod1314,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that the rooms worked so well for you and that we met your expectations. If your travels ever return you to the Phoenix area again we hope to see you stay with us.

Bozeman, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Phoenix Airport North for a week during spring training. The hotel is an "all suite" facility, in which all the rooms have a living room with a wet bar, a sleeper sofa, and a desk. The bedroom has a laughably small balcony, and possibly the smallest bathroom I've encountered outside an airplane. My only true complaint is that you can't control the thermostat. They have one in the room, but the front desk informed me maintenance controls the ac/heat. That's a little maddening to me. Overall, though, the room was more than adequate.

The grounds are quite nice. They have a couple outdoor sitting areas with fireplaces, a gazebo, and a nice outdoor pool. They also have a bar and restaurant, which I did not try. The location leaves something to be desired. There isn't really anything within walking distance, although I think they will shuttle you down to the light rail station. It's also >5 min to sky harbor.

The staff was somewhat puzzling. I can't really put my finger on what the problem was, but it seemed to be mismanaged. I did not get the answers to the questions I wanted, and they made no attempt to rectify my relatively minor requests.

I used points for this stay, at a discount over other IHG properties in the area, and for that price I'm satisfied. I would not be happy having paid over $90 per night here though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Trent C, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
capjessop,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent stay at our property. While it certainly seems like you had an adequate enjoyable stay it does appear that we did not completely overwhelm you during your recent stay. I've shared your comments with my management team and we do appreciate them as we are able to use them to help pinpoint areas where we can improve and do better. If your in the area again we'd certainly like for you to give us another try and I would be glad to say hello and do whatever I can to make your stay a great one.

thanks
Trent
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

These rooms look like they were an Embassy Suites at one time. You have a separate living room with a pull out sofa bed. There are 2 flat screen tv's, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. There is a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. Paper towels, paper plates & silverware are provided. They offer a free shuttle to airport and local area places and there is a CVS and supermarket right across the street. There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby along with a Starbucks coffee bar. Unfortunately the coffee bar was never open during my 5 day stay. But there is another one a mile up the road along with a Target, Costco, Sears, Ross and several fast food restaurants. The room was a little musty and it took some time for the ac to cool it down. I did appreciate the sliding door to the balcony for fresh air. This property does sit on a busy street so prepare to hear traffic. The grounds are nicely maintained and overall the property is very clean. There is a small snack area by the front desk. Make sure you get the WIFI code at the desk upon check in. I experienced no connectivity issues and there are plenty of outlets in the room. The fitness room is open 24 hours and has several treadmills and a variety of weights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Traveler J,

Thanks for the great comments in regards to your most recent stay at our Holiday Inn. You are correct. We are a former Embassy Suites and after an extensive renovation and redesign we are a proud Holiday Inn. I'm happy to hear you found our amenities useful and that everything down to the wifi connectivity worked perfectly for you. The one thing that I found curious was that our coffee/Starbucks area was certainly open so I'd be curious to find out what times you attempted to visit so I can determine if there was some kind of disconnect. Other than that it sounds like you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again

Trent C

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North? Share your experiences!