“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was traveling on business and stayed at this hotel. The staff were wonderful, assisting me with directions and helpful tips on the area. In addition to that, I went off and left my iPhone charger. I called the day after I returned from the trip and told them about leaving my charger. It had not been turned in, but they went ahead and sent me a brand new iPhone charger via overnight mail. I was so surprised that they went above and beyond to send me a new charger when they had not been able to locate mine. Truly great customer service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
A new iPhone charger for you from us! How spectacular that our Ambassadors took it upon themselves to replace your lost charger! Does customer service get any better than that?? Thanks for taking the time to send your appreciation! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel over Labor Day Weekend this year (about a month ago) and I thought it was a great stay. But mediocre stays at two other hotels showed me that this place is a true gem. The staff was incredibly helpful. They answered every question I asked, actually anticipated the questions I was about to ask, and were empowered to immediately resolve the one minor billing problem I had. The hotel's billing policies and charges were explained up front, transparently, without any of those hidden incidental authorizations that some hotel chains often charge. I work as a customer service professional, and I was very impressed (not to mention delighted) with the superb customer service every staff member provided -- from the front desk to the bellhops and valets to the bartenders and wait staff. That alone is reason enough for me to return to this Renaissance. In addition, I switched my loyalty program away from one of the H-named competing chains to Marriott.

The rooms were very comfortable, well decorated, and of a good size. I can't emphasize "comfortable" enough, however. I usually have a sleepless night or two in a new bed, but here, I had a great night's sleep the first night. That is very rare for me.

My only minor complaint would be the lack of free wi-fi in the guest rooms. However, this was merely a small annoyance since the hotel supplies free in the lobby and an access code that can be used throughout the hotel. Once you log into the network, you're good to go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your gracious comments about our fantastic Ambassadors! As a customer service professional, of course you notice every detail and it sounds like we passed with flying colors! We're very proud of each and every staff member - they are happy to be here and it shows when interacting with our guests. Please come back soon!
Tempe, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have never been to this restaurant but I seen a friend on Facebook telling everyone that there was some kind of event at the hotel and they were offering free samples of food/drink. I work in the downtown Tempe area and were surprised it was only a 15 min. drive. Upon arrival everyone was upbeat, friendly and extremely courteous. We walked into the hotel which was surprisingly gorgeous and then into the restaurant. There we were greeted by Bryon, I believe he was the manager of the restaurant. We have never felt so welcome and he made us feel like he had been waiting for our arrival all day! He seated us and ensured us (after seeing our work badges which I thought was a very observation) that we would have our lunch and be in and out of there in 45 min and he meant it. Our server Jackie was fantastic and everyone was happy, upbeat, and really attentive to us. I can't tell you how glad and refreshing it was that we decided to come into this restaurant. Bryon and his staff are phenomenal and the Marriott hotel has by far became my new lunch spot of choice! The food presentation was esquite as well as delicious!!! Kudos to this hotel and everyone should go in a take a try!!!

Brenda C. Lane

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Yay! You were here for our Marketing Blitz during the week of September 24-28! Our restaurant, Marston's Cafe, is committed not only to serving the best food in town, but also guaranteeing you will be in and out in 45 minutes or your lunch is free! Bryon and the rest of the staff in Marston's are superior when it comes to making our guests feel at home! Hope you come back soon and often!
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The refurbished rooms were nicely done and comfortable. The staff was attentive and focused on service. Pleasantly pleased. Suggestions for improvement is to provide free Internet access. The lemon water and availability of comp toothbrushes and shaving kit was appreciated

• Stayed September 2012
We're quite proud of our renovated rooms! It's been only 10 months since our property converted to a Renaissance and we are systematically following a plan for the transition. I'm very glad you enjoyed your time with us!
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

By far one of the best business retreats I've ever been on. The professional service extended to us by everyone working at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown was exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone scheduling a 'business outing'..if the conference room, hotel room and restaurant weren't enough, you're within walking distance to anything in the downtown Phoenix area. We are definitely going back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We're delighted that your retreat with us went so well! Our Ambassadors are top notch and our service is by far the best in the biz! We're look forward to seeing you again next year!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our staff of eight spent the better part of two days at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown. The staff went overboard in meeting all our needs and more. The board room they provided for us was the perfect place to sit together and plan. The rooms, outdoor patio, and restaraunt were perfect settings for casual conversation and indepth planning. Paige, the general manager, and her staff could not have been more hospitable for our team. Thanks for our most successful planning retreat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Our meeting spaces are outstanding! The Boardroom, in which you had the pleasure of holding your meeting, is in high demand for reasons obvious to you and your team. Paige Lund, our General Manager, and every single Ambassador loves to hear how happy our guests are - thanks for your kind words!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I felt like KING where ever I went and / or ate. The room was huge and very very modern. I'm not really the "modern" type, but i loved it and will return. I have told a ton of people about the breakfast after leaving there. It was the best breakfast I've had in years.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
You felt like a king while you were with us - and so you should! We strive each and every day to make sure our guests feel that way - so glad you did!

Been to Renaissance Phoenix Downtown? Share your experiences!