My husband and I traveled stayed for 2 nights for a career poss. and a romantic getaway. We reserved a Junior Queen Suite and requested a quiet non-smoking room. We were getting there very late so I called the hotel the day of to make sure our reservation was secure. I spoke to a nice woman who verified our late arrival and moved us to a newly renovated room, as it seems we were automatically put in an older room. Very disappointing since the pics showed this great new room. Unfortunately, the newer room was still nothing like the pic. It was the smallest bedroom I've ever seen with practically no closet! Don't book the Junior Queen Suite!!! Plus, the room smelled very strong of cigarette smoke, even being a non-smoking room. Being that I'm allergic and pregnant, I didn't sleep at all and my allergies gave me a horrible headache the whole next morning.
After eating a nice breakfast, of eggs, sausage, hash browns, juice and the most wonderful waffle, I went to the front desk and was greeted by an Amazing Staff Member, Nina Saunders! She was amazing!!! She sincerely apologized for the smoke smell in the room and offered me to check out another room before moving. She also offered for us to move to a King Studio which was WAY BETTER!!! The room was GREAT! The bed was super comfortable, it was in a quiet location, near the front office and the room was newly renovated and much larger.
However, my husband wasn't going to be back for a few hours to move us and being pregnant with twins, I couldn't move our heavy bags. I told her we'd have to wait til he got back but then another Amazing Staff Member offered to help with my bags. Stephen was a super nice young guy who carried All My Bags and even waited patiently while I packed up our stuff! What Amazing Service!!! Every person who worked at the hotel said a very nice greeting everytime you encountered them and were very willing to help in anyway.
The pool was nice, the water isn't heated so it felt great during a 105 degree day! The heated pools do not feel good when the weather is so hot. Don't know if they heat it when the weather turns colder though. The afternoon social hour was also a nice addition. My husband enjoyed a few drinks, canned Miller products and a few wine selections, before we headed out to a nice dinner. It was a nice start to our night.
So Tips: Avoid the Junior Queen Suite and get the King Studio for a single person or couple. You have to try the waffles, they're awesome. If something isn't what you like or expected, speak up. They were very accommodating and totally changed our view of their hotel. Definitely ask for a newly renovated room, before you arrive, as some aren't up to the quality that the pics show.
Only things I would recommend to the hotel is to finish the renovations to all the rooms, make all rooms non-smoking to avoid the smoke filtering through the air conditioning units to the non-smoking rooms and maybe add more shade to the pools and get some padded lounge chairs (I know that's asking a lot) but it's my recommendation ;)
We would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel for a great quality, low cost hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business and leisure travel, we set a new standard among Phoenix hotels for suite accommodations, free amenities and superior service in coveted Biltmore-area. Delight in magnificent Phoenix Mountain Preserve views. Enjoy nearby golf courses, renowned attractions, decadent dining and spectacular shopping options, not to mention exciting sports events around the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Glendale area. Suite Luxury for Less with Cloud 9 Beds & Bedding and FREE: Hot Full Breakfast, WiFi, Evening Social Hour & more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, seekda GmbH, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Innsuites Phoenix Biltmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Phoenix Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Phoenix
- Phoenix Best Western