“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
North Logan, Utah, United States
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Good: Spacious clean rooms, close to airport, free ontime shuttle, tap water seemed to be a tad cooler than what is usual for Phoenix, private balconies/patio with each room. The Bad: Stinky hallways, low ceilings in hallways, Ugly lobby, sketchy location, bad WIFI, bad TV's (have frequent glitches)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Griselda M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at out hotel. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please know that your feedback is used to better the experience for all future guests. We hope that you will give us another try to better serve you.

Thanks,

Griselda Mena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was so impressed with the excellent customer service I received at this hotel!!
I felt so welcomed and cared about in every way. The room was excellent: coffee maker, ironing board, blow dryer, nice desk and chair, and great mattress to sleep on. The best part of this hotel is the nice refreshing swimming pool...great way to get cooled off in the summer heat....
I will definitely make this my number one place to stay when I have another long range trip. Being able to park your car here makes all the difference! Way to go BEST western!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your amazing review. It brings us great joy to know our guests had a great experience at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We chose the hotel because it was close to the airport and had a free shuttle to/from the airport. We stayed at another resort for the majority of our trip. The room was clean, though there was a bit of noise from planes landing/taking off (price you pay for being so close to the airport!).

Room Tip: May want to stay on the second floor; we stayed on the first floor and could hear the people walking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Phoenix Best Western Airport Inn before a trip with an early morning flight. The shuttle service is good and the airport pickup was also good. Evidently, you can also park your car at the hotel using the stay and park and fly option. Worth discussing as we will certainly look into this going forward.

The hotel itself is a bit dated and not posh. There is no elevator. But, as a place to stay overnight before a flight it works. And it felt safe as well.

Would stay there again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located to the airport with a free shuttle service 24/7. When they learnt that I was returning to the airport in the morning to then shuttle out to the rental car place, they volunteered to take me directly there. The facilities are a bit dated, with no elevator. When they learnt that it would be problem for me to haul my heavy bag upstairs, they cheerfully changed my room to the second floor. There is an adjacent restaurant which was pleasant and convenient. I would certainly recommend this hotel for overnight stays but its a bit basic for a long stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level as they have no elevator!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Griselda M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We take great pride in our airport shuttle as well as the many other services provided to our guests. We're glad to hear that your stay and dining experience was to your satisfaction. We look forward to the opportunity of hosting your next Phoenix stay!

Best Regards,

Assistant Manager
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here by missing my connection due to a storm in another state. The shuttle picked me up from the airport.
The room #118-A had two beds in it.

I started itching in under the covers. I got out of the bed I was seeping in and began to sleep in the other bed. In the middle of the night I started itching again. I had red marks on my body. I slept on top of the comforter and used three bath towels as my covers.

The front desk was infromed but it did not seem as though it were a big deal. Hey, some people don't mind bed begs or are unaware as to what they are. I do mind. Especially, if I paid $55.01 for the night.

I've tried to speak with a manager via telephone several times. Manager is not available nor does he return the telephone calls. The front desk clerk said I could have been allergic to the detergent. If this were the case the I would have had the same problem sleeping ont op of the comforter and uunder the bath towles.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Griselda M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to express your concerns. We're very sorry that your stay was not a comfortable one. We apologize for not returning your messages however we were experiencing some technical issues with our voice mail and phone settings. My records do indicate that you reported an issue with the room and it was inspected thoroughly by our Housekeeping Supervisor and our maintenance staff on the date you checked out. No bed bugs were found. Please know that both our housekeeping and maintenance staff take all the preventative measures to assure our guest rooms are clean, sanitized and in well working order. All bedding is dressed with a mattress protector as well as pillow protectors. In addition, our room attendants have all been trained to inspect rooms for any infestations as they are cleaned. We hope that any inconvenience caused to you does not effect your choice of selecting Best Western to host your future stays.

Respectfully,

Assistant Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Inn? Share your experiences!