“First Arizona Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 174 hotels in Phoenix
Saratoga Springs, New York
“First Arizona Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My Wife and I went to Arizona with no clear cut agenda except to have fun. I thought the best idea was to gain insight from someone at the hotel to help us with our plans. I sure picked the right employee when I spoke with the Front End Manager Erin K. She was very receptive with helping us. She asked us questions about the variety of things we were looking to do and had packets of information available for us as options.
My wife and I had never hiked before and Erin helped us with multiple options of trails. We enjoyed it so much we hiked 5 differnt trails with a minimum of 20 miles.
Hiking wasn't the only options that we were helped with Erin helped with Shopping, Diner and Lunch as well as Music.
I want to say thank you to Erin and the staff at the Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale and we will be back

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Simeon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very nice hotel. No freeway noise even though it's close. Room was well appointed and clean. Only downside was the location surrounded by vacant lots and business parks- you have to walk under the freeway to get to restaurants and shops. Breakfast isn't included which is a small annoyance. We didn't have a problem with the internet. Took about 15 minutes to get to Chase Field.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelseyville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I came in at the last moment and the place was full, spring training was in full "swing". The front desk was great in handling check-in and very courteous. I also enjoyed the exercise room that had plenty of room. While I did not get an upgrade they took care of me with a courtesy breakfast. So appreciated. Will stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Good view from the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The location is fine because it's close to spring training and the jobing.com arena, but it is far from the airport and you have to walk under a highway in order to get to restaurants and Starbucks. But my biggest problem with this hotel is that the internet was a DISGRACE... I had issues with the wired and wireless access. I'm actually surprised it stayed up long enough to write this review. When I mentioned this to the front desk, they had no idea what they could do about it and the service didn't improve over the 4 days I was here. There was also a broken treadmill in their small gym, and that wasn't fixed while I was there either. Since they only have 2 treadmills total, this got to be pretty annoying as I had to get lucky with timing in order to get my runs in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This past December, we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in west Phoenix/Glendale. We were there to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Jobing.com arena, which is basically right next door. There is a good bank of shops and restaurants connected to the arena and a brand new Tanger Outlet mall with about every high end store and then some you could ask for. Additionally, Cabella's is across Glendale Avenue within easy walking distance. Of course the AZ Cardinal's football stadium is a stones throw away as well.

The hotel restaurant is very good, and personally, I experienced the best rack of lamb I've ever had at a public venue. Overall, the this is a very good quality hotel in an attactive semi-rural location with plenty of shopping and viewing attractions nearby, and convenient access to the 101 freeway. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here without question should we be in the area.

Room Tip: We had an upper story room facing west - over the pool. Only complaint was the balcony was enclosed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My son played in a baseball tournament at Camelback Ranch and this was the recommended hotel. It was perfectly fine. Very clean and quiet. Stylishly decorated. Near highway but not noisy. Good buffet breakfast and room service. The most pleasant surprise was the pool and hot tub. VERY spacious and top notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you have cause to stay in the Avondale area of Phoenix this would be an excellent choice. The property seemed like new condition and the staff is absolutely fabulous, Particularly the breakfast staff. You could not wake to brighter smiles or more pleasant people. The lounge area is quite nice as well with reasonable prices. I have stayed in several Marriott properties and this is one of the best. I am certainly fondest of the Courtyard and Townhome suites properties.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!