“Great smokey flavor ribs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
8501 N 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)
+1 602-995-5982
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,668 Restaurants in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great smokey flavor ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our table ordered salmon (does not eat meat) and 2 people shared a rack of baby backs. Both very good. Ribs were really very good, lean, meaty, smoked until fell off bone. Hot in temperature and medium in flavor carafe of barbecue sauce came with. Sides very good especially cole slaw

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hi abaesq, thanks for the feedback! I'm really glad to read that you and your table got to try out a couple different options from our menu. It sounds like everything from the ribs to the salmon really hit the spot. Next time you all get the craving, I hope you'll be back for more!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We split the BBQ sampler with brisket, sausage, and ribs and everything was amazing. The meat fell off the ribs, the sausage had the perfect spice, and the brisket was as tender as I've tasted. Great spot, we'll be back.

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the review, Glewelling! Amazing is definitely a word I like to read when it's being used to describe your experience. It sounds like everything really hit the spot, and I know the team in the kitchen will be excited to learn that they left you with such a nice impression. Next time you get the craving, I hope you'll come back and see us!

Calgary, Canada
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Large portions for decent price. Ribs were delicious and fall off the bone. They drown everything in way too much bbq sauce.Smokehouse burger which the servers highly recommended were too greasy for my teenage son to eat it. Nice ambience.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the feedback, AntoniusMaximus64. We're constantly striving to offer the best menu possible and your suggestions will definitely help us do that. I'll bring your comments back to the team in the kitchen so that we can make any necessary changes. If your travels bring you back to Phoenix in the future, I Hope we'll have another chance to host you!

Tucson, Arizona
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Took the family of five for dinner and everybody enjoyed the food. The ribs were very tender and delicious. Best ribs I ever had!!Recommend to make reservation because they are busy. You will not regret going

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the recommendation, Julvel! It's always great getting feedback from our customers, so I really appreciate you taking the time to share with us here on TA. I'm glad that the ribs were such a hit -- I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to my team. Next time you get the craving fro some BBQ, I hope you'll come back to see us!

Prescott, Arizona
“Pretty Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Had the ribs. Top notch. Very meaty. This place is busy and noisy. Fast service. Cold beer. Atmosphere is like any other BBQ joint.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the feedback, 4cornershiker. It's great to read that you're a fan of the ribs we're cooking up here! I'll let the kitchen team know that you enjoyed them. Next time you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by and say hello.