“Pretty Good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
8501 N 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)
+1 602-995-5982
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Prescott, Arizona
“Pretty Good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Had the ribs. Top notch. Very meaty. This place is busy and noisy. Fast service. Cold beer. Atmosphere is like any other BBQ joint.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the feedback, 4cornershiker. It's great to read that you're a fan of the ribs we're cooking up here! I'll let the kitchen team know that you enjoyed them. Next time you're in the area, I hope you'll stop by and say hello.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best BBQ in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place never fails! We have dined in and had them cater a party for 26 people. Our guests said this was by far the best BBQ they had in a long time, perhaps ever. Can't wait until our next party.

Visited May 2014
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hey Bertie2020, thanks so much for the awesome review! It's really great to read that you've enjoyed all your experiences here, and I'm glad we could help make your party a success. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to my team. Next time you have an appetite, I hope you'll come back to see us!

Bellingham, Washington
“Our first, but not last, visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

If you like BBQ, you will like Bobby Q. My husband and I had the Whole Hog because we wanted leftovers. We shared baby back and St. Louis ribs and brisket. We were with friends who got two different types of chicken and we all shared. The meat was falling-apart tender. The chicken was moist. The mashed potatoes, potato salad and coleslaw got great reviews. The cornbread was light, tasty and did not become a rock when we had it the next day. The mac & cheese was more like Velveta and cheese - not what we were expecting with everything else so delicious. The staff were wonderful, attentive and some were quite entertaining. Our friends had never been there although they have lived in Phoenix for many years and claim this is their new favorite place to eat. I was glad I used Travel Advisor to pick the place for a late lunch. You did not steer us wrong.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hi Terri, thanks so much for the kind review you've left for us here. It's so great to read that you had the chance to stop by for what will hopefully be one of many visits to come! I'm really glad that you enjoyed most of what you ordered, and I'll certainly share your thoughts with the team in the kitchen when it comes to the mac and cheese. Next time you all are in the area, I hope we'll be able to host you again!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Oh So Good...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Traveling all day looking for somewhere to eat, we stopped here taking a risk as to what we would get. It was after 9pm and we were not expecting much. I was extremely shocked at the quality in a great way. It was so good that i had to come back a second time while i was in Phoenix.
The service was amazing and the food was tasty. The first night i had the pulled pork with mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was amazing. The second night i had the beef brisket and mac and cheese. I cant remember the other side i had because the mac and cheese was that good.
On the first night after eating, we were given a complimentary desert, not sure the name of it, but it was amazing. And then the little doughnuts were the next arrival. They are hot and ohhh so good. A great finish to a great meal.
I will go back again and send others to eat here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thanks a lot, MichealH! I'm glad you enjoyed everything, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the rest of the team here. If you have any other thoughts or suggestions for us, don't hesitate to get in touch. Otherwise, next time you're in the area, I hope we'll see you again!

The Villages, Florida
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was the best barbecue I have ever had. My husband and I had the whole hog with baby backs, chicken and brisket. Came with 3 sides. We had leftovers enough for another meal! Service was great, a little noisy but all part of the experience. If you're in Phoenix, don't miss it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
THE BEST -- That's just what we like to hear, Paula! Thanks for the great review -- I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me here on TA. Next time you're in the area, I hope we can do it again!