“AHHHMMAAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
8501 N 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)
+1 602-995-5982
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,562 restaurants in Phoenix
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“AHHHMMAAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I seriously love BBQ food and this place was INCREDIBLE! I had the baby back ribs which were lean and super tender. The sides are great as well. Service rocked & good prices! I will be back when we travel back to Arizona again :)

90% Recommend
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had research this restaurant before we left Minnesota and found the menu online (It was not the same) The brisket was so good I just loved it. My husband got the rotisserie chicken and thought it was so so. I told him you don't come to a BBQ place and order that. (LOL) He had some of my brisket and thought it was very good. The slaw was good not great but good. You get free mini donuts when you leave. The restaurant was clean and big. Very Nice. The waitress was over zealous and told us everything on the menu was out of this world. (too cheerful for me)
It is in a seedy part of town you can spot it from the highway. Otherwise Bobby Q is a really nice choice for BBQ.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great steak and wonderful value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is my second visit to Bobby Q...the first one was several years ago. I ordered a ribeye steak and it was tender and flavorful. For $25 I got the steak and two sides and I found it to be a great value for a $25 steak. It is a step up from Outback and Texas Roadhouse, but about the same price. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and friendly. One of my sides was the mac and cheese and I can honestly say that it was some of the cheesiest, and therefore some of the best that I have had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ashland, Ohio
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Recently my husband and I were seeking BBQ and found Bobby Qs. Wow what a find! Had AMAZING baby back ribs and BBQ brisket! Truly fabulous! Also had very filling but delicious Mac and Cheese! And after filling up on this wonderful meal with no room for dessert, warm mini cinnamon donuts came with our bill! What a great surprise and ending to a great meal! We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Willmar, Minnesota
“Love the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This restaurant for years was themed as a 50's retro and was good. It closed for a while and the owners decided to convert it to a barbeque place, traveling afar to search out recipes and flavor that they perceived to be the best. In my opinion, they nailed it. My wife is a much bigger fan of barbeque taste, me not so much a fan. This is the best I have ever had.
The flavor is great, the meat is tender, the menu choices are broad, and the side dishes really compliment the entrees. As others have noted the portions are very ample, unless you are a big eater, you will have wonderful take out as well.
The service has always been good and that was the case on our most recent visit. When the weather fits, the patio area is a nice option, sometimes a little freeway noise but not distracting.
It is a little obscure by location, it is worth looking for.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere