“Great place for happy hour” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
8501 N 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)
+1 602-995-5982
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,536 restaurants in Phoenix
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place for happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you are looking for a fun night with friends or an after work social hour this is the place to meet up. With a nice dining area coupled with a large dance floor all perfectly segregated so both groups can enjoy their visit this is a fun place. The food was enjoyable and I highly recommend trying the pineapple drink where they take a whole pineapple cut out the insides and make a tropical concoction. My wife and daughter loved these!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Delicious barbecue here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A nice place for some delicious pulled pork sandwiches and really good potato salad. The dessert was wonderful, too.

• Visited July 2013
Lehi, Utah
“Great food -- really nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's a quaint building. There is outdoor (porch) seating if you want. The inside is nice.
There are rotisserie chickens rotating around in the kitchen window. I may try that next time!

We got a kid's burger, which was good size -- very tasty. Came with thin fries that my boys loved!

I had the beef brisket sandwich. YUM! A waiter brought me extra BBQ sauce, with a choice of regular or spicy. The spicy was awesome! I got mac n cheese, which was very creamy.

My husband had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. He loved it.

My favorite part was the little bag of warm donuts they bring you with the check. Bite-sized, warm dough covered in cinnamon and sugar! A nice surprise!
We'll be returning for sure.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went to Bobby Q's last night for dinner. There was a wait, but being just the two of us, we were able to secure seats at the bar, which is full service. It was nice to see they had one or two local brews on tap, however I think they could do better on the beer selection.

We order the Q rolls for an appetizer. I am not much for fried food, but those bad boys are delicious. They are lightly fried with the the most tender, juicy brisket inside. And they don't skimp on the meat in that appetizer. It was a meal itself.

My husband and I order the Whole Hog Heaven to share. Baby back ribs were fall off the bone tender, you just at them with a fork. I am not a fan of beef ribs, but I have to say the beef ribs here were very tender and juicy, and very tasty. We also had the sausage and rotisserie bbq chicken. Sausage was so good, but the chicken was outstanding. Perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious. This ridiculous portion also came with three sides. We chose mac and cheese, coleslaw and fries. We loved every side, but the mac and cheese was cleared out immediately. So good. And of course we had a HUGE amount of leftovers. We used the left over meat to make bbq sandwiches the next day.

We had great service as the bar. There were two-three people tending the bar at all times and the service was excellent. Our bartender was super nice, gave us good recommendations on the menu, and kept our drinks filled. Also loved the fun, lively atmosphere of the restaurant. Their outdoor patio looked like something we would like to take advantage of in cooler months. We had a great time, a great meal, and will be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So good we went back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

On holiday in Phoenix we normally go to the outback for steaks/ribs, well not any more. We were staying in Litchfield park so it was a 35? min drive? When you pull in you think... Really this is it? However don't let the outside put you off as soon as you get inside the smell will envelope you and the interior is perfect for a BBQ joint.

The free corn bread is to die for (never tried it before). We tried the three meat combo on the first trip (chicken (OK), brisket (good), baby back ribs (now you're talking fall off the bone deliciousness). On our second trip we had ribs again with sausage, our sides were beans, pecan coleslaw and string fries.

Take a tip from me we were surprised with the quick turnaround from ordering to eating so much so on our first visit I only had time for one drink and we were too full for a pudding (did I mention the free mini still hot doughnuts?). So on our second visit we arrived early for a few drinks at the bar but beware those cocktails are lethal!

I can't wait to return!