“First Impression Was Horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
8501 N 27th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051 (North Mountain)
+1 602-995-5982
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,668 Restaurants in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Chandler, Arizona
“First Impression Was Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Beware of STRICT dress code. It was really difficult to find this place, it's off a frontage road off I-17 amidst a number of drug infested apartments that have weekly rates as low as $109! NO JOKE!! I was wearing jeans, a collared shirt, sweatshirt, and sandals... My friend and I were meeting a group here to celebrate someone's birthday. We get to the front and their was no one around, so we stood there for about 5 minutes and some guy with a crooked red tie shows up, looks half awake, mumbles, and in the end says I can't get in because of their strict dresscode. Meanwhile a guy walks passed me wearing sweats and beat up tennis shoes. STRICT DRESS CODE?? This place had one chance and they blew it. The guy was a real jerk. For that I will NEVER come back, and plus it isn't in a safe neighborhood. If you come, make sure you have at least beat up shoes and come by cab, you don't want to park your car in this neighborhood.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Phoenix, Arizona
“The Best BBQ in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Hands down the best BBQ in Phoenix. Pulled Pork and Brisket is some of the tastiest, most tender you'll ever eat. You can get a variety of sauces from mild to hot depending on your taste. They serve corn bread prior to the main meal which is a nice touch. The Mac and Cheese is moist and creamy. A great alternative to French Fries.
I took a customer from Texas to Bobby Q's and he loved it. And this guy KNOWS BBQ!!
I ordered through catering for both my son's high school graduation party and my company Christmas Party. Great BBQ at a Great price!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Internet surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We r pretty particular about giving anyone a 5 but this place was a great surprise. Looking for a good burger place. My husband thought it was one of the best burgers he ever had. My pulled pork sandwich was awesome. And we were given thank you donuts for the road. What a nice touch! Too bad we have nothing like this for the value in Sedona!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, AZ
“Great BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I really enjoyed the food, and I especially liked the fact that the barbecue sauce was not too spicy. Best to go early & on a weeknight as it gets very crowded.

Visited May 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Food And Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you live barbeque this is the place to go. Ribs, chicken pulled pork and beef are excellent. Servers are friendly and attentive.

• Visited May 2012