“Bar is Okay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yard House

Yard House
21001 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85050 (Desert Ridge)
480-563-9273
Neighborhood: Desert Ridge
Chicago
“Bar is Okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been here several times on business because it's within walking distance of hotel and that's the only reason why. Okay bar with lots of brews. Food is incredibly average. I wouldn't bring my kids and i wouldn't go if there were more options within waling distance.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi nancyb19 - How disappointing to hear that your meal was merely average. We are very sorry as we can do better and we clearly failed to show you so. Would you kindly contact us at ccastruita@yardhouse.com when you have a free moment? Thanks!

77% Recommend
bainbridge
“Happy Hour was throughout restaurant not just bar area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We decided to stop here after doing a tripadvisor search of nearby places. We were not disappointed and even returned a few nights later. Happy hour is from 4:00-6:00 and allows families with kids to take advantage of the great specials since it is not limited to bar area. On the first night here we ordered chicken nachos and a pizza of the happy hour menu. This was plenty of food for me and my 11 year old son. My 9 year old daughter wanted something off the kids menu and settled on cheesy macaroni. The second visit we had the nachos again to start. I ordered the sliders (also happy hour item), my duaghter ordered the thin egg noodles off the kids menu and my sone ordered the cheesy macaroni. Everyone was happy! They had many food options on the menu- I am confident you could come with a large party and have everyone find something they want.
The atmosphere was perfect. We had been sitting outside in the hot sun all day, This place is nice and cool and they have TV's everywhere playing different sports events. My son was so excited to catch up on ESPN highlights and what was happening in the MLB.
They have large booths throughout the restaurant, booths that would easily fit 6. The sit a lot of families of 4 and parties of 3 in these large booths so you have plenty of room. They have 3 extra large corner booths that could seat 8.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food with marginal service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Typical yard house with lots of business even on the Thursday night we went. Appetizer of nachos was in a small salad bowl with 12 chips and guacamole. They don't have salsa or pico? Caesar Salad was excellent and so were the swordfish tacos. The waiter was slow. Initial drinks took five minutes. Unacceptable. Overall I will eat there again. Hope for a different waiter!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Ebrundo,

We are sorry to hear of the disappointing service you received and, in an effort to turn things back around, would love to learn more about your visit. If you wouldn't mind taking the additional time, please email me at kpreston@yardhouse.com...

Kristi
Portage, Michigan
“Yard House Has Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and various cousins went to the Yard House in February, 2013, and was very pleased with the food. I ordered the fish special, and it was delicious. The waitor and the restaurant accommodated my need to have food without salt and to substitute a vegetable for an item that I was allergic to.

We were a party of 10, so we could have a reservation. However, this Yard House will not take reservations for groups less than 10 people. I find this policy too restrictive: not all groups are as large as my family.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale
“Yard House”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service has declinded, food takes forever to receive, and the waiters/waitresses push very hard to get you more alcohol. If you are not drinking alcohol the service drops off. It will be a very long time before I return there. One small redeeming item is the amount of beers on tap.

Visited February 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hi Ian C - We are highly disappointed to hear that service has been suffering! We are truly sorry and we would really appreciate a chance to turn the current perception around. Please contact us at guestservices@yardhouse.com. We hope to hear from you.