We just returned from Canyonview and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo. It was an RCI trade and the accommodations were fantastic - granite counter tops, large ceramic shower, large whirlpool tub, and washer/dryer.. We were on the second floor and had a nice deck overlooking the pool area. The property is quiet and tucked away between the mountain preserve and a commercial area but only 10 minutes away from the airport, downtown Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Paradise Valley, etc. The staff were pleasant and very receptive. Our air conditioner didn't seem to be working one evening. The next morning I saw one of the maintenance workers, told him about it, and when we returned that evening it had been repaired. The pool is not very large but adequate. There is also a decent hot tub. The pool area had plenty of lounge chairs and shaded areas. While the resort does not host activities, the adjacent mountain preserve has plenty of easy hiking trails that we used almost daily. Our boys, ages 10 and 13, loved it and spent hours hiking around and exploring. Overall, Canyonview was an extremely pleasant and relaxing resort. there is also a fitness room off the pool area with two exercise bikes, a treadmill, and a stair climber. Most units have a garage. We will definitely stay there again when we return to Phoenix.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve