We actually bought into this resort as our home base and were thoroughly disappointed. We bought in 2006 while they were renovating....the new space was to be glorious with a waterfall and huge pool. We booked two years later and found that nothing had been done since our first visit, no waterfall, no huge pool. In fact our maintenance fees had gone no where since the lounge chairs by the pool were all broken, the pool water was green with the occasional splash of some harsh chemical that faded my bathing suit during our two week stay. There are very limited activities to do on site and don't bring your kids or they will be stir crazy. Nice vacation spot for no more than 2 days without children. The staff were horrendous. The internet was down, computers broken on site, and the staff totally unresponsive. The manager was no where to be found when we needed help. The only helpful people were the housekeeping staff. Our 2 bedroom condo was great, updated and clean but the general facilities left much to be desired. If there were more than 8 people on the deck, there was no room to sit or swim in the pool. please ensure that you go during off season so that you can at least sit by the pool, albeit on a broken lounge chair. Save your time and go to the Legacy Golf Resort instead which is where we spent all of our days while staying at Canyonview.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve