We are Raintree Vacation Club owners and originally stayed at this property in 2010 soon after they acquired it. The property needed a face lift, but was well managed. The property was mostly sold to Worldmark in 2012 or 2013 and we stayed there again in December 2013 and had a terrible experience. The reservations were lost. Then when we were given a room as a Raintree owner, it was furnished in left over vintage furniture. TV was a small old model. Lights and lamps in both bedroom and livingroom were grossly underpowered with two small bulbs. No pictures on the wall, and kitchen was stocked with old left over stuff. They told us they treated us as an RCI exchange and that meant we were given a lesser room. Parking was inadequate and we had to walk quite a distance with luggage. Garages were available but not available to any Raintree or probably RCI guests. We had to walk our towels and linens and garbage across the resort. In general it was a miserable experience and we left a few days early. What a surprise to find that although rooms were allocated to Raintree Vacation owners that they were in fact deeply depressed from others. I was embarrassed as an owner and have made sure that this property is not on anyone's recommended list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve