I was a guest of my in-
laws for this stay. I haven't stayed in a WorldMark timeshare but one other time. My overall impression was that it was nice, just not super-nice. Most everything worked and was comfortable (except the dishwasher in our unit which was broken). The biggest complaint was the air conditioning. The vents were placed so that the master bedroom was much cooler than the second bedroom. You couldn't really keep both rooms comfortable at the same time. One was too cool while the other too hot. Mildly uncomfortable in Phoenix in July.
The facility itself was great. The small fitness center was always open and even though it only had 2-3 machines, no one ever had to wait. It was always operating at capacity in the mornings. The pool area was actually quite lovely. I noticed maintenance staff working hard to keep it nice and clean. The staff seemed to be decent to me. I didn't have any of the issues with rude staff that other reviewers mentioned.
The biggest drawback of this timeshare is the location. It is oddly socked in between a big business park and the South Mountain Preserve. The South Mountain Preserve is a large and lovely park with trails and wildlife. Staying here in the summer though, we couldn't make use of the trails. The back of the units have a view of the hills, but they are so close, that you hardly have a view of the Preserve other than a close up of the hills. Things you need like restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations are a short drive away. But we found our destinations to typically be a 30-40 minute drive away.
I would go back if invited. But it might be fun to check out other WorldMark properties in the Phoenix area instead..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve