My wife and I had reservations at our Phoenix Worldmark timeshare for one week but we ended our stay early due to the treatment we received from the sales staff and the General Manager who would not take care of the issues we experienced. We checked into our assigned room which was located directly next to the timeshare show rooms where the sales staff was showing rooms to potential new timeshare buyers from early morning to late afternoon. Each morning we were woken by numerous groups of people visiting the show room and the sales office next door. The noise from the banging of the doors, loud conversations of sales people talking loudly on their cell phones on the rear patio (which was directly next to ours) was very inconsiderate and made our stay unbearable and so very unpleasant. We had discussed this with the General Manager several times. He informed us that he would discuss this issue with the sales team to help eliminate the problem. This problem never ceased. We even experienced people staring into the windows of our unit which was quite disturbing and un-called for. On more than one occasion, I spoke to the General Manager about this issue and he told us he would speak to the sales staff about the excessive noise and disturbances that they were creating. On the third and consecutive day of noise when one of the sales managers was speaking loud on his cell phone on the balcony right next door, we called the front desk again to ask them why this was continuing to occur and the General Manager promptly came over with a young female sales manager who proceeded to laugh at our circumstances. She was very condescending and displayed a rude attitude which the general manager never addressed. The lack of customer service was disturbing.
After calling the Worldmark Owners Care office for the third time within three days and telling them how the sales staff was reacting to our repeated requests to be more quiet (not being pro-active and condescending to their owners), we were able to check out early and get our unused timeshare points credited back to our account. Before checking out I had the opportunity to speak with the General Manager to let him know that my wife and I were very disappointed with the lack of professionalism of his sales staff with whom he promptly defended. The guest services department at this Worldmark Phoenix location could use a lot of improvement and learn how to treat their owners more effectively and professionally!
In addition, the unit we stayed in looked clean at first, but on closer examination it was obvious how dirty it really was. We found a couple of hairs on the bathroom shower walls along with filthy floors in the kitchen and living area carpeting. My wife did not even feel comfortable taking a shower let alone a bath. Our issues were not taken seriously and were not eliminated. We were happy to leave this timeshare and do not plan to return. This particular timeshare needs a lot of improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve