I had high hopes of a nice stay with our family. The manager was kind enough to upgrade us to 2 -2bdrm units instead of a 3 bdrm which worked great for our large family.Both units were nice and had most anything we could need. All the support staff was great from the people at the check in desk to housekeeping and maintenance (we did have several maintenance issues). On the 2nd day, things went downhill when we brought some floating lounge items etc. down to the pool again. The desk clerk came out and told us (after a long walk over with them in 113 degree heat), that we coud not use them. We set them aside and said we would not use them but would like to speak to the manager as I had been told on the phone we would be able to use them or we would not have brought them. (Due to remodeling, the resort was practically empty and we had not seen a single person at the pool, so the items were not in anyones way while we waited.) A short time later, he (the manager) came storming across the pool area and began chewing me out about having the pool items, shouting at me in front of my whole family and any other guests who may have been on nearby patios. He demanded that we get them out of the pool area and back to our room immediately. He never once introduced himself or talked calmly, but was very abrupt and rude and then just stormed away. He truly talked to me as if I were a small child in trouble.
We are respectful guests and have never been treated this way at any resort we have stayed at (we have stayed at many). We were all shocked and never felt comfortable or welcome from that moment on.
I would never stay at this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve