I hope Desert Arroyo gets it's own spot with a connection to the old one. It's under new management and is mostly renovated. Looks like this happened sometime in late 2010.
The rooms look like they have new carpets and some new furniture. We had a 1,100 square feet, 2 bedroom condo with 2 full baths, full kitchen, washer and dryer with a garage. $78 a night (have to work the web to find the best deal).
Very good value however, the place is in the middle of a commercial area so after business hours it's pretty deserted. You must have a car to drive to restaurants and a big mall although everything is within a 5-10 minute drive.
Front desk service is mediocre and the place is not a resort at all as it does not have many amenities. The pool area is well maintained and the check-in building is a bit small but well laid out. If you are checking in after 8 p.m. make sure you call well in advance to make arrangements to pick up the unit key.
The location of the property is conveniently close to Phoenix attractions. You are barely 5 minutes from the highway. A 20 minute drive will get you to Scottsdale Fashion Mall, the baseball stadium downtown or the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is nearly impossible for anyone who is in any way sensitive to the beauty and grandeur of nature to stand in this special place and not feel the power that the Pimas refer to as the strong medicine of the South Mountain Preserve. Here, we have rediscovered a special place to share with our owners and guests. This is truly a place of deep relaxation and natural beauty. A place gently cradled in the largest regional wilderness park preserve in the country which covers over 50 square miles of pristine Sonoran desert. Surrounded by unspoiled panoramas and teeming with a stunning variety of wildlife that belongs to this desert community, it is seemingly a remote retreat, minutes from downtown Phoenix. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your WorldMark Phoenix - South Mountain Preserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Arroyo Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel Phoenix
- Canyonview Hotel South Mountain Preserve