“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We did the tour two years ago and it was brilliant, so I was fully expecting that we would not enjoy it as much this year. In fact it was even better! Rusty was excellent from start to finish and really brought the desert to life with his knowledge and stories. The western games were so much fun because they were fully explained and time was never an issue. We were only disappointed that the river was dry again, so we didn't get the chance to ride across. However, a return is on the itinerary for our next Arizona vacation. Fingers crossed for a river crossing. If you get the chance then do this tour as you will not stop smiling!

Clearfield, PA
“GREAT FOR INEXPERIENCED RIDERS - WE ARE IN OUR 50's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My review is a bit late in coming but I wanted to say how much my husband and I LOVED this ranch and staff. We did a half day ride in late April and it was fantastic. In fact, we recommended it to others at our hotel and they went the following day and told us how much they enjoyed it as well. Horses are very well groomed and the scenery was wonderful. Don't know where else you are able to get a private ride for only $125, every dollar well spent. In fact, this was the highlight of our trip. We are quite well traveled and this was one of the best events we ever have done. This ranch has even built a mock old Western ghost town in the middle of the dessert that you stop at and you will be the only ones there. Complete with a salon (fully stocked I might add with water, beer, wine & spirits at no extra charge), hotel, jail, tepee, etc. We were able to shoot pistols (yes, real bullets) and try our hand at throwing tomahawks. Such great photo opportunities. If you are ever in this area, do not miss doing this tour. For me, my only complaint (I am female), was that we had a cowgirl lead our ride and not a cowboy. Of course, this pleasured my husband and she really was very knowledgeable and friendly. She promised if we came back, I would get a cowboy next time, LOL! Next time we are in Scottsdale or the surrounding area, we will definitely take this ride again. No one should miss this. You will not be disappointed. It is rated the #1 attraction and gets 5 stars for a reason.

Visited April 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“BEST DAY in Arizona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Amazing day with our guide Joey Helton. He is the real deal! We booked the horseback riding excursion with the group at Canyon Creek Ranch. Joey (hot cowboy) picked us up at our hotel in Scottsdale and it was a 40 minute ride to Canyon Creek Ranch. What a fun ride.

Elgin, Illinois
“An experience with incredible hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had an incredible evening riding the horses through the canyon trails. But it did not stop there, our guide Rusty, was one of a kind, we learned so much about cactuses, horses, the canyon and enjoyed some laughter too! The old west town was so much fun, the food was great. We are so excited to come back in July and bring our 6 kids! What an evening! Thank you Rusty!

Chicago, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
“Fun for ALL AGES!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was the perfect way to spend a 1/2 day in Az. We loved the riding through the desert-- the view, the desert life exploration and the horses did not disappoint! We stopped on our trip up to Sedona-- with me, my husband and our 2 kids (10 and 14). Everyone loved it. We stopped at the 'shoot em up' camp and had a really (not kidding) wonderful lunch. Cooked fresh on the grill and all the country sides. Just like mamma makes it. We also did the skeet shooting, which was fun, albeit LOUD. Don't miss this stop if you have the time. If you're new on horses, no worries, my 10 year old was nervous at first but settled right in and loved it. GO!

Visited March 2014