“Canyon Creek Horseback Rides” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
Twentynine Palms, California
“Canyon Creek Horseback Rides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We chose the horseback rides at Canyon Creek Ranch for our ten year anniversary gift to eachother. Our awesome guide was Joe C, a cowboy through and through. I was a little nervous on the horse at first, but that didn't last very long. Joe made sure I was comfortable and felt safe. We had a great time riding to a little western village, where Joe took us shooting, roping and hatchet throwing and we enjoyed a great meal. Joe was very knowledgable on history, desert vegetation and we learned a lot! Joe had some great stories. We would definitely do this again and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun filled adventurous day.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

While my husband was attending a conference in scottsdale I drove out to spend the morning riding horse thru the desert. Rusty met me a the bad [--] barbecue and I followed as far as I could in my rental car. There had been heavy rains so I left my car parked and jumped in the jeep with wrangler Zach. We pulled up to the barn and were met by other friendly wranglers who helped me find a suitable rain jacket. My mare Disco was saddled and ready to go. We spent and hour plus riding thru the desert and taking in the beautiful scenery. Zach told me about the cacti, wildlife, history, etc. We stopped at the old western town for a beverage, make sure you get your own drink from the fridge/freezer. Zach showed me how to throw the hatchet and then it was on to target practice. We then rode back to the barn. I had decided to leave my nice camera back at the barn as it was a rainy day. Zach was sweet enough to drive me back to the old town in the jeep so I could get some pictures with my camera. (I had been using my cell ph during the ride). Thanks for going the extra mile! I highly recommend this place and hope to return with my family. Everyone was so accommodating and the fact that all their rides are private was the main reason I originally booked my ride with Canyon Creek Ranch.

Buxton, North Carolina
“Awesome Experience- Had A Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was visiting Phoenix on a business trip- my girlfriend and I wanted to do a desert ride during our down time. I found Western Destinations on Trip Advisor and they definitely lived up to the positive reviews. Joey picked us up from our resort and what a hoot she was! So friendly, energetic and full of positive energy- needless to say the ride to the ranch was entertaining in itself! She called the cowboys before our arrival to let them know we were seasoned riders. We met our guide, Zach, at the ranch and the horses were tacked up and ready to go- impressive. We had a great ride with Zach- easy conversation and a tailored ride for more experienced riders. We thoroughly enjoyed our beers as we explored the old town and had a nice sunset ride back to the ranch. Top notch group- would definitely go back and ride again! If you are in Arizona this is a must! Thanks again Joey and Zach!

Visited October 2012
Winchester, Ohio, United States
“Great Western Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I was planning on a day to go horseback riding, but we wanted to do more than just ride for an hour. He found "Western Destinations." Zak was our guide; after we saddled up, we followed him to a little town where we tried our hand at throwing axes, roping a cow, and shooting at targets. The ride, to get to the little town to do these activities, is a great way to view the countryside. We highly recommend this attraction!!!!

St. Catharines, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Learn to be a cowboy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Our company recently took 15 people to Western Destinations for our semi annual sales team building activity. This was not only a great team building session, but was far and away one of the best experiences of our lives! Excellent value and an excellent way to spend time together learning about the west, competing, enjoying each other's company, and all topped off by a wonderful camp dinner that exceeds any five star steak restaurant.