“Incorrect address” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Phoenix Police Museum

Phoenix Police Museum
17 South 2nd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003 (Central City)
602 534 7278
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Incorrect address”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We followed the address listed in the brochure and it was not there. We asked several people, including a Phoenix Police Officer who also did not know where it was. When we went to the address listed it said the museum had moved but we still couldn't find it. It sounded like a very interesting spot but after wasting almost an hour we gave up and went to Wells Fargo Museum which was great!

Visited November 2013

Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Fun way to spend an Hour Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The museum has moved from published location but is only 1 1/2 blocks away in the court house and the spot of the old police station. The staff are great spending all the time you want with you and filling in the displays with real back stories. Admission is by donation I left 10$ as the private tour and stories were great!

Los Angeles, California
62 attraction reviews
“Nice law enforcement museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I visiting the Phoenix Police Museum with my family in July 2013, and we all really enjoyed our visit.

The museum moved not to long ago, so my GPS took me to the wrong location, but the new location is only a couple of blocks from the old location. If you get lost, just call the museum and they'll guide you in.

Although I saw some parking spots in front of the museum, I could not figure out how to get in there, so I just meter parked on the street. The meter parking is for 2 hours, which is more than enough time. You'll probably spend about an hour in the museum. The staff at the time I was there was a retired Phoenix police officer, and was super friendly, and very knowledgeable. The entry fee is free, but they do take donations.

The museum is small, but packed with a lot of displays and information. Great history of the Phoenix law enforcement profession. My young children enjoyed being able to play in the police car and on the 3 wheel ATV. There is a great display on the Miranda case, which we have all heard in the movies as "you have the right to remain silent..."

They also have a memorial room for those officers who have lost there life in the line of duty. They also have a display case with assorted items for sale.

You don't have to be in law enforcement to enjoy this museum, it's a great museum for everyone, including young children.

I would recommend this museum to all my family and friends.

Pleasant Hill, California
5 attraction reviews
“Small but worth a visit if for one reason-Miranda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very small museum but has many interesting exhibits about the department. From fallen officers to changes in how they conduct policing. The fallen officer exhibit was both moving and well done, explaining the events in each.

One thing should make this a stop for all interested in our rights and the legal system - Miranda.
Phoenix is where Miranda was arrested and the museum stands in the very spot where Miranda was brought and interviewed.

Yes it's free but leave a couple bucks in the donation box on your way out its obvious those that run it really care. The gentleman at the door greeted us and immediately began a very informative conversation very much worth our time. Glad we stopped.

Lingfield, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“An interesting and moving collection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I can thoroughly recommend the Phoenix Police Museum, it has some fascinating exhibits going back to the early days of the City of Phoenix. There are two very moving exhibits, one on the 9/11 attacks and the other is a memorial room lined with photos of every Phoenix police officer to have fallen in the line of duty. The museum was great for kids too as they get to dress up in uniform and try out the cars and motorcycles on display!

Visited April 2013