“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dick's Hideaway

Dick's Hideaway
6008 N. 16th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)
602-241-1881
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Orlando
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been to Phoenix several times and this most recent visit was the first I'd heard of this "secret" place. If a local doesn't tell you about it, you won't know it is there (there isn't even a sign outside). The place is tiny --- a bar that sits 10 or so, and three tiny tables behind that. I got there shortly before 5:00 on a Thursday and it was empty, but by the time I left (7:00 ish), it was getting crowded. I had their special "this is the dish we are known for" Carna Avagado (I doubt that's how it spelled) and it was fantastic. Tender meat, spicy sauce... YUM! Service was excellent. My one tiny compliant would be that since the place is so small, I smelled totally like the fire pit (pecan wood, to be exact) when I left. Other than that... find a local and ask them how to get to Dick's Hideway. You won't regret it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Naples, Florida
“Customer service makes or breaks your business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

If i can give this place the lowest negative rating, i would. The short blonde server who helped us treated us like we never existed. Took our orders, ordered a diet coke, received regular coke...ordered the burrito without beans, sure enough..my burrito was swimming in beans. Food was not all that. Paid $12 for burrito $15 for enchiladas...we could barely differentiate pork from chicken on the enchiladas due to the amount of spices in their sauce. I have no problem paying any amount for food but with the service we received, i am so disgusted. I STILL gave her a 20% tip but thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach...thats how bad service was. Fire her and get new employees if you wanna stay in business! Date of visit 01/18/13

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, Arizona
“One of the top hidden jems in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

No sign on a non-discript door in an unimposing strip center, you pretty much have to park and get out and walk to find it, but definitly worth it. Only clue, sign on door something about kittens provided for unattended children, yes it is that hard to find.

Great wood smoke atmosphere. Generous drinks, good service.

Stick with the S. West items, it's what they do best.

Try the jalepeno eggs benidict!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milford, Connecticut
“Fun spot for good southwestern food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our resort recommended Dick's Hideaway when I said that I wanted a Texmex breakfast. The kids balked at the idea and were reluctant to go. But they changed their minds when we went in. The place is funky and the food is flavorful and plentiful. Our waitress made real recommendations -- she told us definitively what she liked best and my husband let her make the call on what he would eat. The service was great, the food was good, and the atmosphere was interesting. The kids, who didn't want to eat there at first, told me afterward that I had to write a positive review about the place. And now I have.

Visited November 2012
New Lenox, Illinois
“Worth the search”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Dicks is hidden in plain sight in an older strip mall next to a hardware store. I drove by it twice before I found it. It is worth the search. It has outstanding Southwestern cuisine that is very original in its flavor. One of a kind feel to it. Seems to be mostly locals, but the service was pleasant and timely.
The Bar has a better than average selection of Beer and Wine, but the food is what sells the place. It is small and has a smoky pecan wood grill aroma. As soon as you walk in you are enveloped in the atmosphere. Love this place and will go again when I am in the area.

• Visited September 2012