“Worth seeking out” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Worth seeking out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wanted to go to this restaurant for 2 reasons, first I read about it on where else TripAdvisor and it sounded amazing, second, I saw it on Man vs Food on the Travel Channel and I had to try the infamous Torta! The torta lived up to it's reputation. I can't remember the name of my variation, but it had carne asada, chipotle sauce, jalapenos, cheese and onions...incredible. It came with some salad on the side too, but the torta was more than enough to fill me up. I couldn't even finish it. Living in Arizona, I've had a lot of Mexican food, but this was the first torta. It was unique and well worth the trouble it is to try to find the place.

• Visited March 2013

Rochester, Minnesota
“Mmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the restaurant if you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere with reasonable prices and delicious food. It's really a family affair, with iced non-alcoholic drinks and some of the best mexican I've ever had. My husband had one of the sandwiches and I had a shrimp dish (can't remember the name of it) and they were incredible. The rice and beans were even fantastic. I was so disappointed that I didn't have a refrigerator to bring leftovers home to! We were hoping for chips and salsa, but to no avail, though I'm sure we could have ordered them. Highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited June 2013
Sebastian, Florida
“Very good. Worth finding.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Saw this on Travel Channel and the good reviews here on TripAdvisor. Had the Torta del Rey--could only eat half and am saving the rest for lunch tomorrow. Wonderful sauce to put on the sandwich. They should bottle and sell it--it would have been my souvenir for sure. Lime aguas frescas super yummy. I wish they would open an East Coast locale in Baltimore.

Thanks Luis for making me feel so welcome!

• Visited June 2013
Chico, California
“History Channel Man vs Food got it Right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The main reason we came here was because it was on Man vs Food show. It met and exceeded out expectations. A little out of the way to get there, but worth the drive. The place is spotless, super clean. The food is amazing. I had the King Torta...and insane mess of goodness. So if you like good mexican food...this is the place!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Yummmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time having tortas. They were delish! I had one of the torta chicas which is basically just a smaller version of some of the tortas. I had the Hawaiian one which was awesome. Had ham, pork, cheese, pineapple and a special mayo. It was just the right size for me. My husband had a regular sized del ray. It was just the right size for him. We were sat quickly and our food came in lightening speed. I would totally go back if we lived in the area.

• Visited May 2013