“My Favorite Breakfast Spot! Open & Serving 24hrs.” 4 of 5 stars

4824 E Chandler Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85044
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,143 of 2,551 Restaurants in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“My Favorite Breakfast Spot! Open & Serving 24hrs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love Waffle House (WH). Any time I am traveling, I look to see where is the nearest one. I know I will always get a hot meal made to order exactly how I want it. The food is consistently good from store to store and every restaurant is built exactly the same. There are booths that line the walls and several counter seats right in front of the grill. WH can get very busy on the weekends from 9am - noon, so expect a wait at that time (counter seats are first-come and sometimes open though). The hostess is good about taking names and seating people in order or arrival. I like to sit at the counter during busy times and watch the orchestra of orders being called out, plates being lined up by the grill on which condiments are strategically placed to indicate the customer's order and the cooks blasting out orders; seemingly chaotic, but always correct when it gets to you. WH has great coffee and you can get a to-go cup of whatever you are drinking too. They have some good specials, but expect to pay about $10 per person.

On this morning, I got my usual Pecan Waffle and Bacon, Egg and Cheese Texas Melt. Everything tasted great and my friendly server, Morgan, kept my coffee full and checked on me frequently.

• Visited July 2014