“Poor Service and Poor Food” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taste of India
1609 E Bell Rd Ste B4, Phoenix, AZ 85022-2898 (Paradise Valley)
(602) 788-3190
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Scottsdale
“Poor Service and Poor Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Taste of India was the first Indian food restaurant I've been to. We tried out three different appetizers (one was supposed to be cheese, but turned out to be tofu) and had three main meals. The chicken was just lousy. It had an odd texture and tasted like old grease. The main waitress was nice, but towards the end of our meal, the entire staff (which I'm assuming were the owners) decided to plop down and eat lunch while we were there. We waited for our check for over 15 minutes just twiddling our thumbs while they ate. When one of the staff walked towards the kitchen we politely asked for our check. He didn't say anything, but just left the check on our table. We quickly paid and tried to get out of there as fast as possible because the service and food was very disappointing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Rocklin, California
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Big fan of this place and will definitely visit whenever I am in town. The menu is extensive and also caters to vegetarian and vegan customers. I had the butter chicken and several appetizers. The garlic naan was very strong but awesome.

You must eat here if in the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, A
“better than desert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am far from being an expert on Indian food, but I LOVE Taste of India. I have never been dissapointed by a menu item, but over the years, have grown so fond of one combination that I no longer ever vary from it. For me, it is Chicken Kashmiri and Kabli Naan. My friends prefer Chicken Korma and Garlic Naan. When I have occasion to go with a large group of friends, we tend to "share" our entree's, and like I said, I've never been dissapointed!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NY
“Very tasty and prompt delivery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have eaten take out from this restaurant twice and were delighted with our food each time. The delivery was prompt and the food fresh. We recommend the fragrant Tikka Masala, spicy Vindaloo, or biryani. The vegetable samosa are good as well.

• Visited July 2012
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

We come to Phoenix once a year and we ALWAYS eat here at least twice. The food is delicious and authentic and the service is very friendly. No idea how anyone could leave bad reviews because the food is delectable...especially the chicken tikka masala, molai kofta and peas with paneer. The mint chutney is unusual but I love it. Very yummy definitely worth trying.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere