“Below average” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
India Palace
2941 W Bell Rd, Ste 2, Phoenix, AZ 85053-3054 (Deer Valley)
602-942-4224
Neighborhood: Deer Valley
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had supper at the India Palace Friday, January 11,2013. While the lady who greeted us was most pleasant the food left much to be desired. My wife and I eat "East Indian" frequently. We cook and make our own curries at home. As far as East Indian restaurants are concerned we have a lot of experience. Let's cut to the chase. There Tandoori oven must have been to hot because the Naan Bread as well as the roti's we were served had black charred marks and were clearly overcooked and dried out. The Chicken Biryani had very little if any taste and we've had better from the frozen section of our local grocery store. I had a lamb dish, and while hot enough it also lacked the zestyness we've come to expect from lamb curry dishes. The meat was a bit tough and the sauce lacked taste. I can do way better at home.
Save yourself a trip and your hard earned cash. Eat Thai in the valley because "East Indian" restaurants that cook with fresh herbs and spices seem to be few and far between.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Placerville, California
“Wonderful buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in Phoenix, Arizona for a week. Went to eat lunch at this place twice because the food was so fantastic. If you like Indian food, this is a wonderful buffet. Great price and plenty of different selections including an excellent veggi choice. Service was fast and friendly. Everything my wife and I tried was tasty and hot. Make this place a must visit if you are in the area for lunch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful restaurant, great food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My son and I stopped here for supper, but wished we would have come for the lunch buffet so that we could have sampled more. I had the Chicken Masala and my son had the half portion of the Grilled Chicken--which was plenty for one person. We still ended up taking leftovers. Don't forget to visit their small grocery store before you leave! Great prices on their basmati rice and they have some items that were exotic (to me) that I had to try.

Visited April 2012
phoenix az
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have visited this restaurant with my family several times. It's VERY hard to impress my husband who is from England where there is a plethora of good Indian food but India Palace manages to do it every time!! Their food is consistently good and they also have wonderful service! The restaurant itself is always super clean whenever we visit. Our family faves are the tandoori chicken matar paneer with a big basket of fresh gralic naan. My kids love the mango lassi.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Good food, bad service

1. Between the four of us and two visits, we have sampled eight different dishes and they were all superbly delicious and prices are reasonable ($4.95 appetizers, $12.00 entrees).

2. Their service is inefficient, impersonal and very amateurish.
I don’t need frivolous chit chat, but even an ATM greets you before asking what you want. A few ice cubes in an iced tea at room temperature would be a nice touch too.

3. The wine list consists of whatever is on sale at Costco that week at 350% markup. We paid $28.00 for a bottle of Robert Mondovi.

4. Check your bill for accuracy. Mistakes happen and they happened to us both times.

I think I’ll give up on dinner and stick with the lunch buffet for a while. That’s how I discovered this restaurant in the first place.

• Visited January 2011