“Very average sushi” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ichi Ban Japanese Restaurant
2815 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004-1029 (Encanto)
602-277-3559
Neighborhood: Encanto
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very average sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

If you are a beginner in sushi and like low prices with very average quality this is the place for you. The food is not bad but certainly not anything special.

They have been around Phoenix for many years and have several locations so somebody likes them enough to keep going.

• Visited November 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I love this place. We have eaten sushi all over the world and this is as good as you will get anywhere. Sure, as the previous reply stated, it's not cheap, but we live in a desert and it takes money to keep fresh fish in the restaurant. We live in Mesa and make the drive at least once a month to have some of the best sushi you can have in Phoenix. If you like eel, then you have to try the brothers roll! Their homemade eel sauce is to die for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I got food poisoning here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

I got food poisoning here.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Awesome! The staff is great! Excellent sushi.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Awesome! The staff is great! Excellent sushi.

Phoenix
“Holy Cow!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

I have gone to this quaint Sushi Restaurant on several occasions. The food is adequate and service has always been efficient. Today (June 20th) I will not be returning. My companion and I enjoy Sushi at least once a week, and have eaten in Sushi Restaurants everywhere we go. Today we ordered Tuna Belly for lunch and imagine our shock when the bill came and we had been charged $45.00 for 6 thin slices That's right Forty Five Dollars. Surely there must have been a mistake however the owner informed us that Tuna Belly was very expensive. FORTY FIVE DOLLARS for 6 slices of Tuna Belly. The owner would not reduce the bill, and informed us that we should have asked the price. I have never paid that even in the most exclusive sushi restaurants in the country. We won't be returning ourselves but thought everyone ought to know to ask what "market price' means in this little sushi haven in Down Town Phoenix.