“Great Mexican Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Mexican Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Popo's at 59th Ave and Bell Road

It's nice to have a great mexican food restaurant in the neighborhood!! The green chile is excellent and everything was served nice and hot. Service was very good and we felt very welcome even though we stayed and talked long after finishing our meal.

If you haven't been there and you are in the area you have to try it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
“Best Mexican Food in the Valley!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Popo's has replaced Frank & Lupe's of Scottsdale as my favorite Mexican food in the Valley. I had the monster burrito, it was big as my head! And the quality was matched by their quantity! Don't fill up on the chips and salsa as hard as it may be but if you can't, prepare yourself for a to-go box!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Mexican Taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Its been a month I moved to Phoenix now and was looking to try out mexican food. I didn't know about this place it just appeared on my left hand when driving with friends and we decided to walk-in. To my surprise the parking lot was full and I said "Yes... this place is worth to try out"
it was a wonderful atmosphere, salsa was too good, I was abl to taste the oil in the chips so was not happy with that.
I had a fish burrito with rice and beans. The rice they serve is amazing. It has a great taste, haven't had such rice at any mexican place.
And of course the frozen Margaritta Cheers!!!
I'd love to visit again

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We have been eating at Popo's for over 20 years and it is always good. They have great salsa and the best machaca. Great cheese crisps too.
It is still family run by Mario and his wife and you know they care.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surprise, Arizona
“Popos salsa is addictive!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

You know you've found a fantastic restaurant when someone in your family calls and yells, "There's a new Popo's on Bell Road!!!!!!" We have gone to the original Popo's for over 40 years but when we moved it became quite a drive. Popo's is always the first request made by family members who have moved out of Arizona! Thus, the opening of the new and closer Popo's was a very happy event indeed! Salsa is awesome--in fact if you see someone eating it out of the salsa bowl with a spoon like soup it's probably me! Food is incredible and the staff friendly and helpful. Weekends do tend to bring a wait, but, believe me, my friends, it's worth it! The seating capacity is large so that helps move people in and out in a goodly manner. Living in the Southwest we've eaten in a lot of different Mexican restaurants but Popo's has never been pushed out as our number "uno" favorite! While the original Popo's still is one of our favorites, the area around it, Indian School Road and 65th Ave has become scary at times and down right dangerous at others. A day time visit is fine but personally we tend to limit our visits to the original Popo's during the evenings. Thus the celebration in Popo's Fiesta Del Sol!

• Visited January 2012