“Loved the wild mushroom enchiladas” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill

Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill
10625 North Tatum Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ 85028 (Paradise Valley)
+1 4806126389
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 2,584 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
Cross street: Shea Blvd.
Transit: North East corner of Shea Blvd. and N. Tatum Blvd.
Description: Conveniently located in the Paradise Village Gateway Center, between Scottsdale and Paradise Valley, Z'Tejas is a popular gathering spot for lunch, happy hour and dinner. The menu, largely influenced by the South, signifies the bold robust flavours of Arizona, California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Texas. Fresh, flavourful and innovative, the restaurant takes traditional ingredients, spices and cooking techniques from around these states to create a taste that knows no boundaries. For a great view, ask to be seated on the climate-controlled patio. Live music accompanies your meal on most Thursdays, starting at 18:00, and every Friday starting at 19:00.
Marietta, Georgia
“Loved the wild mushroom enchiladas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was not real excited to eat at this restaurant...not a fan of chains and not really a fan of the whole mexican genre. But, I was presently surprised by the wild mushroom enchiladas. Tasty and not too spicy!!

Visited June 2014

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Great food but a beware if you have food allergies.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Went here for a double date a week ago and the food was amazing but they made an almost could have been serious mistake. My fiance is very allergic to avocados. But prior to ordering and after ordering we told the waiter to hold the avocados due to an allergy. But when here food arrived after taking a bite she had noticed that there was avocados in it. Not a big deal really but how it was handle was very sub par. First waiter didn't apologize and second with something like that I expect to see a manager that tries to make it right. Not saying comp my meal but a little can go a long way and shows you really care. But people make mistakes and other than that the meal was great. Would return

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint John, Canada
“Great service and eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The top shelf margarita were excellent. Table side guacamole was very good and I loved the pepitas in it, which I had never had in guacamole until then. My main of Stuffed Chiles Renellos (a special at the time) was one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant. I believe they were poblano chiles stuffed with cheese and spiced beef tenderloin in a red pepper sauce? I tried several dishes when I was there and they were all good but mine really blew me away, with both taste and heat level! If I ever go back to Arizona I will make sure to return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Whenever I come to PHX on business, I inevitably come here for lunch. It's always good. The salads are very good and consistent, on this last visit I had the avocado turkey burger. Although it was a bit light on the avocado, the sandwich was excellent. The service is always friendly and prompt and it gets quite busy on any weekday. Reliably good place to eat and bring friends or business associates.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A True Winner In Every Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This restaurant has become a favorite of ours. We have been there numerous times in the last 6 months. The atmosphere is very nice. The service was just wonderful. The gal that waited on us was excellent. Even though the place was very busy, they were offering a promotion of buy a $25.00 gift card for graduation or dads day and then they would give you a $5.00 gift card. Well that is going the extra mile as far as I am concerned as the quality of everything is so great that they don't have to offer you anything. However, because they offered this we felt we want to keep coming back. My husband ordered the hickory burger and they catered to his request of take the mayo off and add jalapenos. The chicken sandwich was very tasty with the avocado. I love their sweet potatoe fries! I can hardly wait to go back there and try something new.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere