“Best Pizza West of the Mississippi (and possibly east!)!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spinato's Pizza

Spinato's Pizza
1614 E Bell Rd Ste 104, Phoenix, AZ 85022-2834 (Paradise Valley)
(602) 867-1010
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
College Place, Washington
“Best Pizza West of the Mississippi (and possibly east!)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been going to Spinatos on Bell Rd for as long as I can remember. It has always been 100% consistent. I introduced my husband to Spinatos and it is now his favorite too. We always order the mamas spinach pie, extra crispy. Tomatoes, garlic, spinach, olive oil, and spices marinade together before topping this pizza and giving the pie an explosion of flavor. Because the toppings are all pretty moist ingredients, getting the pizza extra crispy is a must. Otherwise the dough will be too soggy, just a heads up. ;) If you aren't a fan of garlic, stay away from this particular pie. Insanely garlicky, but OH SO DELICIOUS! Minimal crust is available at Spinatos. The toppings go completely to the edge and they cut the pieces into squares. It is definitely my favorite all time pizza restaurant!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have been eating here at "Spinato's Pizzeria" on bell rd. on and off for the last 5 years. For this particular occasion I came in for a birthday lunch and ate inside for my second second time ever. I usually just get my food to go! The service here is very welcoming, and the atmosphere is booming with laughs and good times.

I came in around four o' clock on Thursday June 19th, and was welcomed by Taj, who always has a great attitude and happy energy about him! He sat me down in an empty dining room, and I was pleased by the booth that I chose so that I could see the soccer match on the TV in the bar. (Insider Tip: If you just ask, they know which seats are best to see the T.V. as well).

My server Shelby was very positive, smiling, and very willing to go above and beyond for my specific allergy requests. She was attentive and even watched the cooks as they prepared my appetizer. This server was also very knowledgeable, helpful, and bright! I appreciated her service very much. The reason I only gave this restaurant an "average" rated review was due to a miscommunication error about a dish that I was looking forward to.

The small cal zone I requested was supposed to only be meat and cheese, but was brought to my table with onions. Since she was the only server at the time in the restaurant, and receiving more guests as my food was being input into the system, I believe it was just an honest mistake. These things happen, but she promptly took care of the mistake as the professional she is, and I ended up still having a great experience.

Other notable attributes of this restaurant:

- The kitchen staff wears gloves as they prepare food (This is very refreshing to see)
- The front of the house staff cares about your dining experience
- The facilities are clean and very welcoming
- The greetings are sincere and the staff really enjoy themselves.

I would definitely take time to visit this establishment if you are ever in the area! They have great food, awesome alcohol specials, and are just an all around family atmosphere restaurant! You will not be disappointed, even if mistakes happen, they take very good care of you.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Order it for pickup so you can go home and enjoy this delicious pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the sautéed spinach and garlic pizza, and the super 6. Never had a bad pizza from there actually. Sauce and dough is awesome, so can't really go wrong. My friends from Chicago know Spinatos and that's how I found out about the place. I think they are closed Mondays.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Always our preference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Partner is from Chicago. He has gone to Spinato's since moving to Phoenix in 1985. he introduced me to this pizza - it is our favorite. Of course it is the sauce that makes the pizza special - exactly the way we love it (on the sweet side). We also love the Italian sausage sandwich and the Antipasto salad.

Visited April 2014
Goodyear, Arizona
“Great Chicago Pizza in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Spinato's has several locations in the Phoenix area, and I have visited this location along with the one in Ahwatukee. Both locations I visited were consistent in terms of prompt service and great pizza.

Authentic Chicago-style pizza is hard to find in the area, but Spinato's does a great job of replicating what I grew up with in the Midwest. Their thin crust Italian sausage pizza looks like a Chicago pizza (squares versus slices) and tastes like one too - nicely blended cheeses with plenty of flavor with a tasty sauce and a slightly doughy crust. The sauce is on the sweet side, making this a real delight. The Italian sausage on the pizza was seasoned just right without too much spice, yet not bland in any way. Very reasonably priced, given the level of quality.

Our server was very personable, and with it being a slow lunch period, we had a chance to chat a bit. Not only was he attentive to service, but he really made us feel welcome to the point where I would go out of my way to request him next time as our server. Nice location in a small strip mall at 16th St. & Bell Road.

• Visited May 2014