“Honest-to-God fried clams, just like the ones I had as a kid on Cape Cod!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor's Chowder House

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #546 of 2,583 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Seafood
“Honest-to-God fried clams, just like the ones I had as a kid on Cape Cod!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The seafood is excellent at Taylor's! I spent my summers as a kid on Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard, and got spoiled on the best seafood in the world there. I have been very disappointed by most of the seafood I've had in other parts of the country since then. But when I tasted my first Ipswich fried clam at Taylor's, I was brought back 40 years to my days as a boy on the Cape! My wife is a seafood lover as well and also loves Taylor's.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Just like in New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Agree with the posting titled "Massachusetts in Arizona." I'm from Massachusetts and the seafood here was just as tasty as some seafood I had back home. A fine selection of wine and beer as well. The service was pretty good, and the noise level in the restaurant was low, making dinner even more enjoyable. I've recommended it to other people, and wish I had gone here more than once. It is excellent seafood.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“Service so bad, didn't want the food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I got there at noon yesterday (12/04/13) for my first time. Walked in and it was only about 1/3 full. There was no sign to say seat yourself or wait to be seated. So, just in case I stood there...and I stood there...and I stood there. I saw one waitress walking about helping seated customers, but she never even acknowledged that I was there. So, in the end I moved to an open table and before I could sit down she now said something to me for the first time..."Is there something I can help you with?" I replied "I wasn't sure if I was to wait to be seated or to just sit down." She stated "I'm going to ask you to wait over by the door again as I have 5 tables already ahead of you." So, I went to the door and left and ate at "The Cod Father's" instead. I was not asking to be served food ahead of anyone; I was expecting to be acknowlegded that I was there and that my patronage/money was welcome to be spent there. It NEVER will be now.

• Visited December 2013
Phoenix
“Massachusetts in Arizona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an authentic New England restaurant in Phoenix. When we moved from Mass to Phoenix, we were told that we needed to try it. That was 25 years ago, and we still eat there! Were just there the other day.

Visited August 2013
Phoenix
“Been there forever, but why are they in business?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has been in Phoenix almost as long as I have, but why? Their food was horrible! We had stuffed fish, which normally is crusty and savory but what they offer is stuffed with tasteless mushy mystery stuff. It was supposed to have lobster and crab, but none was found. Not only that, but we paid almost $15 for one meal and it didn't even include a salad. Really? How is this place still in business?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere