“Great food, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
2502 E Camelback Rd, Ste 199, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)
602-952-8900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,564 restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Houston, Texas
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would highly recommend The Capital Grille to anyone! Every time I eat here I get wonderful service that makes you feel like you are a special customer. Their food is absolutely amazing too! I will admit it is pricey but that is the type of restaurant. If you are looking for a upscale type restaurant and are okay with spending some money than this is the perfect place!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Steak House!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been looking for a home since Morton's Esplanade closed. And just maybe I have found it. My choices.... a porterhouse or a rib eye.....Our server Nicole recommended the Delmonico and I am glad she did. The outside was deliciously charred! This is a 22oz bone-in rib eye ... cooked almost to perfection. I ordered rare + and it was medium rare ))))) Yes, you have to be picky and demanding when you are paying money for a steak. The side of asparagus was fresh and crunchy (a side is plenty to share). Again, when you go to steak house I recommend skipping the appetizer... the salads do not look like anything special. Dessert? PLEAZZE!! I was completely satisfied with this amazing big steak.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corona
“Very Good Service, Steaks not as good as I'd hope for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to The Capital Grille to celebrate an anniversary, and right when we walked in, they asked us if this was a special occasion - a nice touch. There was a Happy Anniversary card on the table, and some rose petals too. Our server (Alicia) offered us a Champagne toast, which we happily accepted. So far, so good. The fresh bread was hot and tasty - 3 or 4 different kinds of bread too, so the meal is starting off well. I selected the Kona Sirloin and my wife ordered a Filet Mignon, and we split a salad. The salad came quickly, and was already split for us. Not extraordinary, but pretty good as salads go. Then we waited quite a while for the steaks, and we expected that they would be worth the wait....eh...my sirloin was a bit more medium rare than medium, and my wife's Filet was a bit more rare than the medium rare plus she ordered. I liked the taste of her Filet better than my sirloin, but I ate the whole thing anyway. Seemed a bit too charbroiled compared to some other steakhouses I've been to recently. My wife also complained that the outside of her filet was too crispy. Maybe we should have said something, but we've had horrible luck with that in the past - the steak comes back burnt on the outside, which just ruins it for me. The sides we ordered on the other hand, were pretty much perfect. I had Sam's Mashed Potatoes and she ordered creamed corn, which she loved as much as I enjoyed the potatoes. Dessert was a Peach sorbet, and we enjoyed it, but might try something else in the future if we return. After dessert, we waited awhile to get the bill - our server had a lot more table by then, so that maybe is to be expected. The two times we had to wait for what seemed to be long time is what knocked the service rating down from Excellent to just Very Good.

For me, the steaks just have to be spot-on for a four or five star rating, and the truth is, I've had better elsewhere for about the same money - and this isn't cheap. If I did come back, I'd stick to the Filet next time, and order it medium again, hoping for the best!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gearhart, Oregon
“Another excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We dine at Capital Grille frequently but usually at the Scottsdale location and usually for lunch. We met friends who were unfamiliar with this chain. We met in a very pleasant bar and I had my usual 601 which is what they call a martini with fancy olives. Salad was good. steak was good. Lobster was good. Dessert was good. Wine could have been expensive but there were bargains onthe list. Service was great. Hostess was great. Bartenders were great. Manager was attentive as well. Price was fair for an excellent dinner, that is less than $90 per person including food, drink, tax and tip. No negatives and lots of positives even if it wasn't our favorite staff at our favorite place in Scottsdale. The only problem had to do with parking. There was plenty of space but valet parking had most of it blocked. The only nearby parking required we go through a gate, collect a token, get it validated, redeem it later, pay a balance, if any, collect a paid token, then go back through the gate. That was enough of a hassle to discourage a return. Parking is easier at the Scottsdale store.

Visited June 2013
Scottsdale
“good steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

great location with easy access and plenty of parking. Steaks are reliably good and served hot by frindly servers

Visited January 2013