“Executive eatery!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stockyards Restaurant

Stockyards Restaurant
5009 E Washington St, Ste 115, Phoenix, AZ 85034 (Camelback East)
+1 602-273-7378
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stockyards Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 2,443 Restaurants in Phoenix
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 48th St
Transit: The closest light rail stop is at 44th St and Washington, and is 7/10ths of a mile from the restaurant.
Description: In 1947, The Stockyards, Arizona's Original Steakhouse opened its doors for the first time with a menu focused solely on its historical past; beef. Staying true to its heritage, the menu continues to feature only the finest corn-fed, aged steaks.
Toronto
“Executive eatery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Staff at our hotel referred us to this place for a nice dinner. We were pleasantly surprised and apparently lucky to get a seating. Reservations were usually required. Mostly businessmen having dinner with lots of discussions going on. The service was very prompt and courteous. They had items such as a 24oz steak for $90. I settled for a great rack of ribs with the meat falling off the bone. My wife had a delicious stuffed chicken breast. Very comfortable setting.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“Historical.....but past it's time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Phoenix metropolitan area has no shortage of steak houses. We have our favorites, but every so often we want to try something different. Years ago Phoenix was a major cattle center where ranchers would bring their cows to pens around Washington Street, where the cattle would be railed east to Chicago and beyond.

In the heart of the cattle corrals was a restaurant known as The Stockyards. The cattle are long gone, but the restaurant is still there, so with a group of friends off we went.

The Stockyards calls themselves Arizona’s Original Steakhouse. They might very well be. It has been many years since I was last there and it was nice to see that the place had been remodeled from its former days. We had a nice welcome at the hostess stand, and with reservations for our table of 8 in order, we headed for a back room. The restaurant was most certainly lively on this Saturday night. Another name for lively is noisy. Yes, this is a noisy restaurant.

The service was professional and refreshment orders quickly taken. The drinks were well prepared and ice-cold as requested. The menu is fairly steak house basic, with additional entrees such as seafood limited. The dinners included a choice of soup or salad and a choice from a variety of potatoes.

I had an 8 ounce filet mignon and it was okay. Okay means acceptable, but not great. My wife could not find any seafood that excited her, so she ended up with a $20 burger. Again, hers was okay, but not great.

Upon leaving I was trying to form an opinion on our dining experience, because the bill was much higher than what we typically pay at our favorite steak houses. There were things that we missed. We like white linens on our table, which they did not have. We like atmosphere, and although they had some attractive murals on the walls, atmosphere was very limited, although there was noise. We also like food that has the Wow factor. The food here did not have that. Overall, the experience did not justify the cost.

As we stood outside the restaurant at just before 9 p.m., the area was fairly deserted. Oh there was some tumbleweeds blowing down Washington Street, but I had the feeling that this historical steak house is past it’s time. Sure, they probably have some very loyal cliental, but for my wife and I, we simply have too many great choices. I don’t see us returning.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation of a business associate and I wasn't disappointed. Went there for lunch. The restaurant is actually in business area of Phoenix. However the place was packed at Lunch.

I ordered Shrimp Cocktail for Appetizers and it came out nice and to my liking. For main course I had their Filet Mignon - which came out perfect as well. It was juicy and tender and cooked to perfection.

For Dessert I did Citrus Burnt Creme which is a fancy name for Creme Brule. It was pretty standard. No Complaints there. I found the server efficient and attentive and will repeat again if I am in the neighborhood. The place is certainly not cheap, but the so are other steakhouses in the city.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Great steakhouse in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Stockyards restaurant is located near the airport and is a great steakhouse. If you like steak, they offer a variety of cuts and cook to your preference. The service was very friendly and efficient. It's a large restaurant - with a very nice bar - but you might need a reservation when they are busy

Visited April 2014
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Big Disapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We found all the Trip Advisor review restaurants were a long way from our hotel so we gave this a go.
The waiter achieved a first for us combining "being over the top" and yet of little help at the same time. I asked many times about my starter and he gave me the wrong information.
Our steaks were average and the wine list was one of the most expensive we came across in the States for wines the same as elsewhere, just dearer.
We will always pay for quality and service but not when both are missing.

• Visited March 2014