“Executive eatery!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stockyards Restaurant

Stockyards Restaurant
5009 E Washington St, Ste 115, Phoenix, AZ 85034-2024 (Camelback East)
602-273-7378
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 48th St
Transit: The closest light rail stop is at 44th St and Washington, and is 7/10ths of a mile from the restaurant.
Toronto
“Executive eatery!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Staff at our hotel referred us to this place for a nice dinner. We were pleasantly surprised and apparently lucky to get a seating. Reservations were usually required. Mostly businessmen having dinner with lots of discussions going on. The service was very prompt and courteous. They had items such as a 24oz steak for $90. I settled for a great rack of ribs with the meat falling off the bone. My wife had a delicious stuffed chicken breast. Very comfortable setting.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Big Disapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We found all the Trip Advisor review restaurants were a long way from our hotel so we gave this a go.
The waiter achieved a first for us combining "being over the top" and yet of little help at the same time. I asked many times about my starter and he gave me the wrong information.
Our steaks were average and the wine list was one of the most expensive we came across in the States for wines the same as elsewhere, just dearer.
We will always pay for quality and service but not when both are missing.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ft Worth, Texas
“"Old West Shrine"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Had not been to The Stockyards Steakhouse in several years. First took a small group there for lunch early in the week. They were from Denmark and loved it.
Then took a small separate group for dinner and was not disappointed.

The tour of the bar was worth the trip with all of the old wall paintings and 100 YO hand carved bar. A class act for sure and the service was adults - not kids which only added to the experience.

If you are anywhere near the airport area give it a visit.

Only issue is that they close for dinner at 9PM so go early

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Excellent Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I ate here on our last night of vacation and it was great. I had a 16oz Ribeye with mashed and my wife had the 8oz filet with the garlic potato stack. We agreed that these were 2 of the best steaks we had ever eaten! Tender and cooked to perfection. Her potato side was better than mine. The salad was ok and we had a side of mushrooms as well which were good. The cornbread and biscuit basket they put on the table was excellent as well. The price is a little much but we loved it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Still one of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've been coming to The Stockyards at least annually since the 1970s. In the best use of the phrase: nothing has changed! This is an outstanding upscale steakhouse that also does excellent seafood dishes and dabbles in some very interesting wild game entrees and appetizers. While the tab can be pricey, the quality is never less than outstanding. I almost always order the filet, available in three sizes, and always cooked perfectly to my order. Don't miss the elk and wild boar appetizer too, just outstanding. A very large wine list and an interesting selection of domestic, craft and imported beers help wash down the always excellent meals. Service is outstanding. The very professional, career waitstaff know the menu and serve it efficiently. No staff here just working their way through school. These people are real pros! Decor is very much 19th century American cowboy, but done in a most dignified manner. Spending a few extra dollars is always worthwhile at the Stockyards. I look forward to my next visit.

Visited March 2014