“Nice place with a variety of choices” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Morton, IL
“Nice place with a variety of choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We (family of 4 - kids 14, 21) stopped here for lunch while in Phoenix. Fast and friendly service with a big menu and lots of choices. The food was very good and lots of it. I would stop here again if visiting Phoenix.

Visited January 2014

Phoenix, AZ
“Been loving this place for years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We always have a wonderful experience at this neat little place on 7th Street. A converted mid century home, it always feels like I'm having dinner at my Grandma's house. The food is great and the service friendly and responsive, even when they are busy. The little bar is a great place to unwind while you wait for a table if necessary. You can't believe you are in Arizona while eating their crab cakes, although my hands down favorite is the cafe meatloaf; flavors to die for.

Visited December 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Don't let outward appearances deceive you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived I was not having high expectations for our experience. It looked like a fast food place to me. What a surprise. We were immediately seated on the patio. They immediately brought water for the furry family member. Brunch was excellent. I had Oscar Benedict and ate every bite. Fruit and potatoes on the side were perfect. Loved it.

Visited November 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The salad I ordered was riddled with rotting spring mix, the chicken was crusty bits left over a the bottom of the pan and the crostini was at least a day old. The odor of the old house smelled like open sewage. Truly any chef worth his salt would never have had let such a plate go out in the first place. Instead, the waitress was offended that when asked how the food was I replied, "It's ok." She offered to "fix" it but I had already waited for almost half an hour for the garbage in the first place. After speaking to the cashier, who suggested it was my fault for not sending it back; he went on to explain that they don't cook chicken every day because it was so much work, I knew I would not have gotten a satisfactory replacement. He made no offer to make any amend for the poor quality nor any attempt to bring me back on another occasion. I paid the check, left a decent tip and left.

Eat somewhere else; McDonald's serves food far more fresh; there's one just at the next light.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Try the pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I ordered delivery via delivery dine so I can only attest to the quality of the food. I attest it is of fine quality :) Their menu isn't particularly vegan friendly so I went vegetarian and ordered the vegetarian relleno entree. It was pretty cheesy, but it's a white, creamy, not greasy cheese so it was really quite good. The polenta was perfect and the key lime pie is fantastic. It's simple and light. It's pretty pricey though, so if you're pinching pennies, you might want to wait until you have a few saved up.

• Visited August 2013