“Good hotel for my business trip, a few opportunities for improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4575 East Irma Lane, From Loop 101 take Tatum Blvd exit and go north 1/4 mile to Rose Garden Ln. and turn left. Street will curve into Irma Ln, Phoenix, AZ (Desert Ridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #66 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“Good hotel for my business trip, a few opportunities for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights on the booking of my corporate travel agent. The hotel is a 5-7 minute walk to my company's Phoenix office. The hotel is quite new and is very nice in décor. When I arrived the fellow at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The few opportunities for improvement that I experienced are1) the room was not consistently cleaned during my stay. While the bed was made and restroom cleaned daily, the area by the desk was only touched my last night. I had a couple of days of trash in the garbage can 2) there is no hotel shuttle. Perhaps they are still working on that but for business travelers that will be a drawback 3) I found the breakfast quality a little lacking especially the eggs and the orange juice, both of which were overly watery. Hopefully all these things are due to the newness of the hotel and staff and will be worked out in the future. I likely won't find myself in the Phoenix area in the very near future but if the opportunity arises I won't rule out staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
PKuber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Whilst I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel decor and your room was clean and comfortable together with our helpful and courteous front desk agent. I want to apologize and am sorry to hear that your room was not being thoroughly cleaned by our housekeeping department and that your eggs and orange juice were watery during your stay with us.
I will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping supervisor and breakfast attendant.
Regarding the shuttle, we are looking into this and are making plans to have one on property.

We hope your next stay with us will be more pleasant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a great stay! This was a fantastic hotel, quiet, clean room, great location...close to shopping, restaurants, etc. Loved having the extra privacy of a suite when traveling with the kids. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PKuber, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a new hotel. Clean and well maintained but definitely had some issues. I am a platinum member with Holiday Inn and I usually get great service from most holiday inn properties. This one had some opportunity.
1. They failed to clean my room 1 day. I got back from being out and about and low and behold at 6pm my room still wasnt clean. They forgot. I just got some towels and left it as is.
2. I get back the next day and the door to my room was not closed. Anyone could have walked in and stolen items. Thank God they didnt, but how does that happen.
3. 3 out of my 4 nights, the key cards they gave me failed to work, I had to continue to go back to the front desk for replacements.
All in all the hotel was nice, they just need to work out the issues they are having.

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the elevator, like I did.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PKuber, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for the different issues you experienced at our hotel. That is certainly not pleasant. I hope this does not deter you from returning as we have spoken to all involved and can assure you it will not happen again. We certainly hope to see you again very soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here 1 night while driving thru. The hotel is brand new and very modern. Everything is your standard new Holiday Inn Exp style which is very modern. It is right next to the highway which is convenient but set far enough back that I never heard it. The parking is all very secure due to its location at the end of a road.

I did have trouble finding it initially. The address of the hotel is not on my GPS so I ended up on the wrong side of the highway. If you call the hotel, they will give you the address of the Walgreens which is across the road, which will be on your GPS.

Room Tip: I suppose the back side, away from the highway would be quieter, but I didn't hear a thing on th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your pleasant stay with us. We are trying to fix the location issue and hope it will get resolved very soon. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is brand new and they are clearly still working out a few kinks. Firstly, no cab drivers knew how to get to the hotel due to the new and kinda secluded location (not the fault of the hotel) and I had to give directions to the cab drivers multiple times. The staff was friendly during our stay, storing our bags after checkout while we went out to lunch before our flight. But that is where the positive ends.
During our 4 night stay our room was never cleaned. The bed was never re-made, the trashes never emptied and we were only given fresh towels 1 time by a housekeeper who dropped them off in the evening. To me this is unacceptable. After we checked out we received a $250 charge for "room cleaning fees" as they stated we left the room an "absolute disaster". A few towels on the floor and plates from breakfast doesnt seem like a disaster to me considering our room was never cleaned during our stay. They also sent us images of a "stain" on the bed we were required to pay for that was not present when we left and looked like a bag placed on the bed.
When discussing this claim with a member of the sales team we found him extremely disrespectful as he stated my boyfriend should "train his girlfriend better" to leave the room cleaner and allow for cleaning staff to come in during the day (the room was vacated for most of the day and cleaning staff was never turned away nor the do not disturb sign left on the door; they did not attempt to clean the room). Despite having a generally positive experience while at this hotel (although nothing special) I would not stay here again nor recommend this hotel to anyone else due to this extreme disrespectfulness by an employee and absurd extra charges.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear KCD1924,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We would also like to follow up with you directly and have sent you a private message.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great stay. There was friendly service, great breakfast was included and substantial. Hotel is very convenient to Musical Instruments Museum, what a jewel! Must visit and plan to spend a lot of time there!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your great comment is appreciated and we certainly look forward to you spending many more nights with us. Thank you so much.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel. Staff were very nice and helpful. Room was large and clean, not fancy but good. Free WiFi and breakfast, nice work out room, good price. I travel often and this is a good friendly comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: I wasn't traveling with kids but did not see any kid activities, I may be wrong. There is no re...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write the first review about our brand new hotel. We appreciate the nice comments. We hope to see you again if you ever are in this area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Phoenix North - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!