“Not a Leisure Hike...” 4 of 5 stars

Decatur, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
“Not a Leisure Hike...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great views of surrounding Scottsdale and Phoenix as well as some gorgeous homes. Great calorie and muscle burn but the difficulty was a little more than I was expecting. Lots of large boulders (which were beautiful) that required climbing or scrambling. We stopped about 15 minutes shy of the peak but still had some breathtaking views. My 13 year old son went to the peak and said it was amazing but challenging. Going up is not as hard as coming down on these aging knees... but it was a really fun hike and I would do it again! I wore shorts and running shoes and wished I had brought my hiking boots and pants. Next time I will be better prepared! No parking by the trailhead so you have to park along the street and walk to the trailhead. There are areas marked "No Parking" - be sure to watch for these areas as a cop was passing out tickets like candy to the offenders. I don't remember there being water so be sure to take plenty.

Visited March 2013