“Polish Pierogi at its best (except for my own)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,085 of 2,553 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Polish, European
Boston, Massachusetts
“Polish Pierogi at its best (except for my own)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Polish food like many other ethnic foods is judged by how close it is to what we tasted growing up. Pierogi that tastes home made is one of the most difficult foods to find at a restaurant. Polish Goodies is the exception. A very small (5 table) restaurant serves about 5 traditional Polish foods: Peirogi (potato and cheese (farmer's cheese), cabage/saurkraut/mushroom, and meat), stuffed cabbage, polish sausage with cabbage, and polish crepes with either cheese or plum filling. Costs about $5-7 Pierogi are home made and hand made by the owner. The pierogi dough was thin - not at all chewy - each pierogi was plump with filling and served with butter, bacon and onions on top (optional) and sour cream. Stuffed cabbage were large and filling. I understand from the owner that they increase the variety of foods served during the busy season in Phoenix starting about October. Check the website for hours - the close about 5 or 6.

Located at 8903 N. 7th St. in Phoenix - We found it because we saw the sign on 7th street as we were headed to our hotel. You need to drive around Radio Shack to the side of the strip mall - where you will see a simple sign Polish Goodies. The dark glass prevents you from seeing inside where it looks like a sandwich shop with the menu on the wall. Definitly worth looking for to get the pierogi.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
2 Thank Joyce M

Chandler, Arizona
“Tiny Place but Great Home Cooked Polish food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

They keep the menu very basic so they can focus on making the best quality Polish food I have found in the Valley so far. They are tiny, they have maybe 4 2-person tables to sit at so maybe take the food to go or stop in to enjoy a quick meal by yourself or with a friend. I have only tried the cabbage rolls. They were quite good! They didn't have a bold flavor but it was simple/classic and reminded me of something my Grandma would have made when I was younger. I got 2 big ones in one order. I could have eaten one and saved one for later but instead I ate both and then I was stuffed! Next time I want to try the perogies and the plum butter crepe. They also have daily specials too. The couple running the place are sooo nice!. I will keep an eye out for them at the local Farmer's market because they have a booth at most of them. I recommend this place if you are looking for some food that will satisfy your cravings!

• Visited February 2013