“Best in neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #759 of 2,429 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Asian
“Best in neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Did takeout of Chinese items on the menu. We loved the broccoli in garlic sauce, which we added shrimp to, and weren't too keen on the orange peel chicken since the chicken was too small and un-chickeny. The other dishes, chow mien, chicken in coconut milk sauce, gyoza and crab puffs, were all very good. Portions and prices were reasonable. The big problem is that they told us it would be 20 minutes until our order was ready and it was about 45 minutes.

Visited April 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“If you can eat it, it's free”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

So, I had heard about their throw-down hot sushi and thought it would be worth trying it out. Located in a casual and small shopping center in Awathukee, It was easy to find and easy to park. Upon entering, there was the sandwich board flashing their famous throw down: eat their bomb sushi (8 pieces) and entire meal is on them. We requested a table for 4. I was the only one who was going to attempt eating their deadly sushi. First came the soups, then the other dishes, but my sushi took another 30 minute before it came out of their kitchen. I kept on wondering when and why. Their miso soup was good (not too salty, just right), one of my guests ordered a sweet and sour, and it was good, not spectacular (lack of sour flavor and it was a bit too thick). The "piece de resistance" finally arrived to our table. It looked harmless, simple sushi roll with yellow tail fish and some orange and dark puree an sauce. Its innocent appearance was quickly taken over the monster that merged into my mouth when I had my first bite! the second and third piece went through with even more difficulties as the hot flavors started to self-reproduce and explode! I got what I asked for, they weren't not kidding! I stopped after my 3rd piece as my whole body was going on survival mode, LOL!
Regarding the bomb sushi: I think I would have been able to finish it if they had not left the sushi soaking in its juice for 1/2 hour. before serving. Perhaps it is their strategy?
Food in general is good, abundant and extremely reasonably priced.
I couldn't find a website so, I will try uploadiing pictures when my daughter passed them on to me (one of me and my deadly sushi)

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner there last night. The location has a sushi bar, and a separate drinking bar, along with table service. The tables are far apart and spacious. Relaxed atmosphere - the owner, Mr. Liu, was in attendance and welcomed us. We had the Teriyaki Salmon and the Sun Devil Chicken - LARGE portions and well prepared. Topped off with Green Tea Ice Cream, which was just as advertised - not too sweet and plenty of flavor.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Great food, great prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time at this location, not sure what to expect. The decor was not anything special, but I noticed the prices were very reasonable. The lunch specials were surprisingly inexpensive for all you get so I didn't have very high expectations. When the food did arrive, I was amazed at how much you get, and it was very good. The hot and spicy soup is the best we ever had...the flavor was so good yet it wasn't as pungent as most. Delightful! Everyone in our party, even my 11 year old Daughter loved it! We enjoyed the sweet and sour chicken, broccoli beef, Sun Devil Chicken and some sushi. We also had the chicken lettuce wraps which were amazing too!
We will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Asian Bistro in Ahwatukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

New gem in Ahwatukee.
Recently had lunch here and the food was wonderful. My wife and I had Bonzai Noodle soup and the Seafood Noodle soups; fresh, delicious and very generous portions. The Tuna Tataki was a tasty appetizer. Prices are inexpensive, even the liquor was below the norm for the region.
The staff is professional and very courteous.
We will be back to explore more of the offerings again and again.

• Visited December 2012