“Good food, great service, enjoyable dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #614 of 2,570 restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Indian
Phoenix
“Good food, great service, enjoyable dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Me and a friend thought we'd try this place (at 2410 W Bell) on Sat. night 10/27/12. We didn't see many cars at about 6:45pm, so I got on my android and checked the reviews. Several 4 and 5 grades and a couple of 1s, so we thought we'd see for ourselves. Glad we did. We were going to order from the menu, but the buffet looked good and fresh so we did the buffet. Food was good. I think they have a mesquite tandori oven so that made the chicken even more flavorful. I had never tried the mango lassi drink before, but it was kinda good.
Service was excellent. I mentioned to the waitress the naan was a little burnt on the bottom and she brought another a little better. The manager (I think his name is Jesse) asked if everything ok. I told him about the naan but that it was ok, but he personally brought me out a 3rd one that was just right. He talked to us and made us feel welcome.
When my friend ate some hot jalapeno by mistake, a waitress saw the distressed look and quickly brought her a dessert to cool her mouth, so service was top notch.
Overall we had a fun time trying the different buffet items, listening to the Indian music, and talking with the friendly staff. We plan to go back and try ordering from the menu to see how that is..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Weekend Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Always on the lookout for good Indian Food, we stumbled upon this place. It advertises itself as a banquet hall, so we didn't know what to expect. The place was very clean. The service was friendly and efficient. The manager checked on us a number of times. Best of all was the food. Terrific assortment of dishes: 3 soups, 3 chicken dishes, a terrific goat stew, 2 paneer dishes. All the food was wonderfully prepared. The bonus: Champagne as part of the brunch. We'll be back.

• Visited September 2012