“Fantastic Mexican Fusion” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 2,607 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, European, Mexican, South American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Milagro Grill is a Mexican-American fusion cuisine with South American flare.
Whitsett, North Carolina, USA
“Fantastic Mexican Fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Milagro Grill already has a enough 5-star reviews to back the establishment as a must-eat-location in Phoenix, and I can only back up the masses.

We sat on the patio in the early afternoon before the dinner rush, and it was total perfection. The patio has hi-test, outdoor furniture yet completely made for comfort. Moreover, the mesh patio awning and half-dozen misters keep the entire area breezy and cool.

We started with chips and dip. Although not an out-the-ordinary starter, the guacamole was fantastic. I also loved the extra-chunky texture.

Our party ordered the Filadelfia Torta, the Mac & Cheese 'Chile Verde', and a side of Frijoles Rancheros.

First off let me say my torta came with a side of fries. These fries were nothing special -- not even hand cut -- and the least favorite item of my meal.

However, my torta was utterly spectacular. Who can go wrong with skirt steak, Serrano chile, shallots, French fries, tomato, and manchego cheese between a torta bun? Be forewarned though -- it's spicy!

The mac & cheese I was concerned would be overpriced for the amount that arrived. But fear not, it's flavor is totally worth $12 for mac & cheese -- a blend of braised pork, tomatillo, poblano chili, Anaheim chile, toasted tortilla crumbs, Oaxaca & Menonita cheeses over fusilli pasta.

Even with to-go boxes in hand, I had to test the frijoles. And no, these are not just everyday frijoles, but a combination of canary beans, chorizo (makes everything better), tomatillo and quest fresco. Again, delicious.

Although pricy compared to regular ol' Mexican food, the atmosphere and fusion food are totally worth a trip.

Visited May 2014

Ontario, California
“as seen on tv....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

as we were coming to Phoenix for vacation, my sister began making notes of places to eat. she saw on TV where this place had won the cities taco wars. so we stopped in for lunch on Monday. there were only a couple of people in the restaurant. I read they had short rib tacos...I wasn't going to try them but I'm so glad I did! tender slightly sweet meat! a must have! the steak tacos were a little chewy. we also tried the fired avocado taco. ok if you're a vegetarian. the pork belly taco was great! Chips and salsa are $4. they have an extensive bar. I had a michelada which was wonderfully spicy and refreshing! service was prompt and attentive. we will go back for dinner!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Taco wars winner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Wonderful food. Tex mex fusion. Had the pork belly taco, short rib taco. They were the best. The avocado taco was kind da bland bland but spicy. The steak taco was a little chewy. Chips and salsa are extra.
They have a full bar and the micheladas are spicy.
We will be back !!

Hales Corners, Wisconsin
“Glad We Stopped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We saw a taco competition on tv that included short rib tacos from the Milagro Grill in Phoenix- the dish won. With good reason! The tacos were outstanding as was the guacomole. I got three tacos with cabbage, cheese and rib meat for 11.00.
Service was amazing! Knowing we were visiting Phoenix, Our waiter offered us a taste of their salsa amarillo and their hand made queso fresco. Lovely patio.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Upscale Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Food was great. Nice low-light, relaxing atmosphere. I had tacos, husband had a torta, both were very good. However, we were quite full after the chips, salsa and guacamole. Without having seen a menu yet, the waiter asked, "can I start you out with some chips and quac?" as though it were complimentary and customary (as many Mexican restaurants often are), but alas, come to find out on the menu and our bill, it was $10. All around nice dining experience, great meal, and attentive friendly service.

Visited March 2014