“Excellent for the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Phoenix East

You added Knights Inn Phoenix East to your Saves list
Knights Inn Phoenix East
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2445 East Van Buren Street, Phoenix, AZ AZ 85005 (Central City)   |
Ranked #109 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Virginia Beach
“Excellent for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you need an inexpensive place close to the airport, look no further. Our flight was delayed..did not get in till 2AM but we were professionally greeted. The exterior is very modest, but the room was spacious and clean, bed was comfortable. We stayed again on the way out, and by that time, considerable renovations had been made. The manager was attentive and the place exceeded my expectations.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Skyline Inn is a one-star hotel, so we didn't have high expectations at all. We were very surprised by the cleanliness of the room, the professionalism of the staff, and what was overall a very comfortable and pleasant stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Inexpensive - yes but beware. We left after an hour. The unit reeked of cleaning solution. The "kitchenette" consisted of a dirty cooktop with small sink and frig. No microwave. No locks on windows and the main window was filthy. Outside young people and a few children lounged about while next door a shouting match went on and on. The motel is located across from a detention facility so perhaps the motel residents are there to visit. I had read reviews giving this motel a 6.1 and 6.7. I suggest dividing by 2!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Upland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

An associate and I stayed here for a business trip last week and the Manager, Dale, as well as his staff are great. The whole place has been newly renovated and, even though the neighborhood is a bit dicey, you'd never know it from the rooms or the service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Not welcomed with a friendly staff in the first place. King room reserved but double queen room provided. Even though it says free wifi provided, it is not stable. The room is using wooden floor where you will hear sound when walk over. Not sure how strong it is. Stove provided but not have any pot,utensils or even a cup. The toiletries provided is very basic, don't expect toothbrush and toothpaste.

• Stayed January 2013
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I needed to book a hotel on pretty short notice for my sister and I. As I had to drive in 400 miles to catch a 7 am flight. I paid 32.00 (plus AZ tax) and I was expecting to get my money's worth (roach motel) my sister had actually brought additional pillows and blankets since she was driving to El Paso after my flight.

First I'll discuss location.
Though the neighborhood is less then desirable we needed a place close to the airport. this location took us 6 minutes to arrive at Skyharbor terminal 2 (Alaska/United). Plenty of fast food joints around Mcdonalds, Carls Jr, a little mexican joint. Though I really recommend driving to them as there are plenty of riff raff and panhandlers in the area (though for a large metro area on a friday night it could have been worse. The Hotel is off a busy road so there is traffic noise, but it didn't bother me too much.

Now to the Management and rooms.
We were met by the manager in the office, whose door was open and inviting. The manager was a very nice man (from Colorado) He made us feel very welcome and while at first we were worried about our vehicle in the neighborhood or fears were quickly eased. This man walked the perimeter of the hotel often if there was any riff raff he quickly moved them off the property (I personally didn't see any riff raff on the property, but witnessed him often walking the area, looking for them) I felt safe and had no worries after meeting him.

The room itself was incredibly clean and very modern. The beds were soft and warm. The shower was well "OH MY GOD" I didn't want to get out, sparkling clean and the perfect water pressure and hot water stayed hot! AC blew nice and cold. New paint in our room and floors, granite counters and no funny smells that are the "norm" in cheap hotel rooms. I did not feel like I was sleeping at a cheap hotel in anyway. Once in the room I easily felt I would have paid much much more for this room. While I probably would not recommend this hotel if you are on holiday and are looking for amenities. I would recommend it for travelers needing quick access to Skyharbor, easy access to I-10 or business travelers or just people looking for a great room for their money.

It's important to know I am from a small town in Montana, so I come from an area where I feel safe walking at all hours of the day. The neighborhood could have been "seedy" only in perspective. However, I don't see any reason to NOT utilize this hotel, it's a diamond in the rough and if your looking for a comfy bed and shower at a great price with easy access and polite staff, this is the place to do it.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor , closer to the office