“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wrigley Mansion - Geordie's

Wrigley Mansion - Geordie's
2501 E Telewa Trail, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)
(602) 955-4079
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wrigley Mansion - Geordie's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 2,583 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cross street: 24th St. and Arizona Biltmore Circle
Transit: 24th St and Arizona Biltmore Circle
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Took my parents to dinner for their birthdays. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. The service was some of the best I've had in years!

Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Unique Must Visit in Phoenix!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a group of five and it was a great and special experience. We arrived ahead of our reservation and explored the very accessible house. There are many rooms and dining areas that can be reserved for business get togethers or weddings. The most interesting thing to me was that it was built during the depression. We sat at the bar and had a few appetizers including Margarita Pizza and Bruschetta. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere quite interesting. The bartender was quite well versed in the history of the home. Our meals were outstanding. I had the Mahi Mahi special and added crab claws. My wife had a beet salad followed by the rack of lamb. All 5 f us had wonderful meals. We had a 6:00 reservation and I took pictures of a wonderful sunset from the outdoor deck. You can eat out there too and it is very romantic.
Our dining host was Damian Trejo and he was outstanding throughout! This is a special place and worth the price. Perfect for birthdays, special days or just a romantic night out! Make an effort to enjoy this unique place! Reservations suggested and easy to make online through open table.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix,AZ
“Tour & Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I ate here with a large group and we went on a great tour of the mansion before lunch.
We had the Juicy Fruit package which is $25. Included is ice tea or a soft drink. Alcohol is available for purchase. You get a choice of a soup or salad or a main course which is italian steak sandwich,hamburger,chicken breast sandwich, margherita pizza, or pasta of the day.The main courses come with tuscan fries or mixed greens. We received both and they were served family style at the table. We ate in Mrs. Wrigley's bedroom.
There are other packages available that include dessert.
We had great service and a great tour. I believe the tours are 10am,noon,1pm, and 3pm Wednesday thru Saturday.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Goodyear, Arizona
“Sunday Brunch was disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We selected the Wrigley Mansion for a Sunday Brunch to celebrate with and reward two close friends. The Wrigley had been the site of many happy and satisfying meals and past celebrations over the past 25 years. Unfortunately, last Sunday we found that while the grounds and restaurant appearances were up to par, the restaurant service staff, and food selection and presentation were completely missing the mark. Our table sat uncomfortably for about 10 minutes while several waiters studiously ignored us, only to have one waiter finally provide water and ask if we wanted mimosas. He then went on to explain that another waiter would actually wait our table. Unfortunately, the second waiter apparently disdained his chosen profession, and refused to provide service. We had to ask (any waiter passing) repeated times to have plates removed, and ask for replacement table cutlery on more than one occasion. Each service for mimosas and coffee also required a request. Not to feel sequestered, I noted that other tables around us had to flag service and were overheard grumbling about the slow or nonexistent service. The food selection was noticeable reduced from previous visits, inelegantly presented and the quality was not satisfying. Frankly, one is better off going to any one of the valley casinos or chain buffets and spending $20 each on the value of service and food provided at a cost of over $200. Wrigley, you let me down and embarrassed yourselves. Shame on you.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas
““Great dinner, extraordinary setting, outrageous views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I meant to post this under "Geordie's." Not sure why there are two listings for the Wrigley Mansion.

I've enjoyed Wrigley Mansion brunches for years, with its huge selection of classic fare and wraparound views. Just the drive to the top of the mountain feels special and sets the tone for this elegant venue.

Finally, I visited Geordie's for cocktails and dinner. We ordered our drinks at the bar, then, because we were a party of six, chose to sit on sofas in the cozy library. If it had been a little warmer, we'd have opted for the patio to enjoy the incredible views.

The menu is meat-heavy and my friends dove in enthusiastically, raving about their ribeyes. I got the day's pasta special of baby octopus, which was tender and delicious. But honestly? I could have lived on the luscious sides and starters. Popovers, duck liver paté, black mussels and clams, and ricotta with crostini. The crostini was fantastic—thin, super-crisp toasted Italian bread. The ricotta starter came with a little pot of thick honey and more crostini. Yum! For the table, we ordered long chinese beans and shishito peppers, roasted acorn squash, and roasted corn; all delicious comfort foods, well-prepared.

The approach to the Wrigley Mansion always fills me with anticipation, and the grand entry rotunda, with its curving staircase, only heightens the mood. After all, the atmosphere is just as important as the food on a night out, isn't it? So good food in a beautifully-maintained historical building with Phoenix sprawling all a-sparkle below combined to make my visit a memorable evening.

• Visited October 2013