“What a wine bar should be all about” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Postino Winebar

Postino Winebar
3939 E Campbell Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (Camelback East)
(602) 852-3939
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Phoenix, Arizona
“What a wine bar should be all about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I was first deciding on moving out to Phoenix over a year ago, I stayed the weekend with a few friends of ours. On a whim they took us to there favorite restaurant in the valley. They brought us to this little wine bar named Postino that served bruschetta 10 different ways. Let me tell you, I moved to Phoenix from Chicago about a year ago and more than the great weather and affordable living, Postino had a little something to do with me making the move. I'm only kind of kidding. This place is great, I've been here about 10 times the last year and it never disappoints. Their bruschetta is delicious and totally affordable and I always tell my guests, we take all of our Midwest visitors here, the bruschetta is great but don't be afraid to hit up the sandwiches as well. My favorite bruschetta must be the tomato jam with fresh sheep's milk cheese, it is unbelievable, all their bruschetta choices are great though. I am not much of a wine guy, which is probably heresy when describing how great Postino is, but the beer selection here is just a good. If happy hours are your thing, Postino has these great happy hours that serve any pitcher of beer and any glass of wine for only $5 from 11AM-5PM seven days a week. Seriously this is one of the best places to dine and chill in the valley. The atmosphere is cool, lots of hip good looking people around, the music is low key, and the service is attentive and lively. The servers know their stuff when it comes to wine and beer. If I had to recommend one place to anyone coming to the Valley for work or play, this would be the spot. It really can't be missed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Phoenix, Arizona
“Love, love, LOVE this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I have been coming here for years! I used to live within walking distance, so it was great to have a group meet here, but even though I've moved farther away, it's still where we all meet to celebrate a birthday or to just enjoy a $5 glass of wine with the best company I can imagine!

Sometimes I will even stop in with my children because my older ones will share a bruschetta board with me, and Postino offers a not-so-typical kids menu that my guys enjoy. And even though I brought my aunt who requested a fun local place and was aghast that I ordered a glass of wine with lunch, their bumper sticker that says, "Drinking wine at lunch is not a crime" is true. That's their special - any, and I mean any glass of wine served before 5pm is only $5. Come back later and pay up to $12 for that same glass.

With friends, my kids, or date night, this is a great place! Monday and Tuesday nights feature a $20 bruschetta board and bottle of wine after 8pm. My kind of date!

Everything on their menu is great. I love to share the bruschetta (my favorite is the mascarpone, fig, and prosciutto, but don't be tempted to order more than one of each at a visit. Variety is best with regard to their bruschetta.) My other fave is the salted caramel sundae for dessert... tres delish!

If you are lucky enough to have Eric be your server, please know that he falls into the "Demi-god of Sommeliers" category. He can answer any question you have about their wines, and make a delightful suggestion after you've told him what you like.

Two downsides: 1.) Valet parking is complimentary only at lunch. After 5p you have to pay.
2.) A friend (to whom I had raved about this place) who had never been here arrived before I did one evening (when there was no special going on) and asked for "just a house white" thinking that it would be in the $5 range. Instead of having a waiter who would explain that ALL of Postino's wines were considered "house wines," she had a waiter who brought her the $12 and wouldn't see how that was unfair. I know his name, but won't repeat it here just in case he could learn from this... Needless to say, she left with a negative feeling about Postino.

Ah, if only all the wait staff there were as communicative as Eric!

BTDubs, Postino is now offering brunch on Saturdays and Sundays... try not to get in line before me! I can't wait to try it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live close by and often go to Postino's. Their bruschetta board is the best! Always hard to choose which ones to have, but you can't possibly go wrong. Great wine selection. $5 sangria and live music on Sundays, great deal on Monday nights after 8p: bruschetta board plus bottle of wine. Popular though, so 30+ minute wait not unusual, yet worth it.

Visited April 2013
“Favorite Wine Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Happy hour here - which is all wine $5 until 5 is great. Everyone loves the boards - pub and cheese. Daily soups are amazing - always ask for the selection as you can't go wrong here.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
“Our first stop in town every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We come to Scottsdale once a year for the Memorial Day weekend, and Postino is where we start each time. Order a variety of bruschettas (four different kinds come on the board) and a $5 glass of prosecco and you are on your way to a great afternoon! Each bruschetta is an interesting combination of smooth, salty, acidic and texture (examples: mascarpone/prosciutto/fig, or buratta/tomato/bacon/arugula). This restaurant is located in an old post office and the huge delivery doors swing open to join the inside and outside. Plenty of misters keep the temperature just right. Perfecto!

• Visited May 2013