“Consistently great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
11051 N Black Canyon Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85029-4719 (North Mountain)
602-331-3434
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 2,565 restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: North Mountain
Melbourne, FL
“Consistently great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I just love the Pappadeaux restaurants. They are consistently excellent.

I go in with the intention of getting a meal and maybe dessert, but I end up getting the same thing every time - Greek salad and seafood gumbo.

The Greek salad is prepared tableside and it is great, lots of fresh ingredients. And it is big. The "small" is for 1-2 people, but it is large for 2.

The seafood gumbo is truly great. Rich and delicious and filled with seafood - shrimp, oysters, and crab.

They serve dinner with a nice crusty bread that goes great with both the whipped butter and dipping in the gumbo.

My wife go a mixed grill seafood skewers. They did NOT skimp on portions. There were 2 skewers with scallops, a white fish, salmon, and shrimp. So good. And served on dirty rice. She needed help finishing it and I was happy to provide that help.

Needless to say, I didn't have any room for desserts - which was too bad because we saw the dessert tray and it looked GREAT.

When I travel I always check to see if a Pappadeaux is in the town I'm visiting. If there is, you can find me there.

• Visited December 2013

85% Recommend
“Great service, great food, great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is just wonderful. You walk in the door and the place is crowded with people waiting for a table. If you go make reservations on weekends the wait is very long. I had reservations and was seated within 10 minuets. Alexis was our waitress and she was very friendly and tended to our needs at the table. We placed our orders and though it was very crowded our appetizers which was lobster bisque and gator tail which both were very good came promptly. Our main course of Chilean Sea Bass was excellent. The portions are large and there was no room for desert. The restaurant is a little pricey but its worth the experience

• Visited November 2013
“Way to go Vincent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Whoever this guy is...corporate needs to take a second look. He took our fiasco, even nightmarish evening and went above & beyond. Our server was clearly overbooked and just couldn't get it together (understandable she was new). But, the floor manager, in a family way is no excuse, saw her struggling and did nothing. I don't care how pregnant you are, do your job or get off the floor! We spoke with Vincent. He was attentive, empathetic and managed the circumstance promptly. We will return because of him. Thank you again Vincent, we appreciate your excellent guest care!

Chandler
“WHERE WE TREAT OURSELVES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Pappadeaux's is quite a distance from where we live but we always choose to go there for a special occasion or a "treat". It is not expensive per se but we have always found it worth the money and wait (almost always crowded) given the generous portions and consistant quality of the food. We enjoy the warm fresh bread while we make our selections from a menu variety that also afford senior citizens the ability to order their lunch fare all day every day. We particularly like the fried shrimp as I am from Texas and find it hard to score large delicious shrimp in Phoenix.....and did I mention the oysters....
The wait staff are always friendly and eager to make your meal pleasant...and do not fail to try try their lobster bisque and a selection from their desert tray.

Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Seafood, Service, and Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Every time we visit Phoenix we make a point to eat here. The quality of food and service has always been unmatched and this was no exception. Matt was an excellent server. We started with a dozen oysters and they had Blue Points that were fantastic! My wife had the fried oysters and they were very good. I had the Halibut prepared two ways and it was outstanding! The menu is huge and seafood is the best. The atmosphere is fun and great for any occasion. Every time we have been there it has been pretty full so make a reservation or you can expect to wait at the bar. We were there on a Sunday night this time and we were seated right away at 7:30PM. It was pretty full but thinned out as we ate so after 8PM on Sunday may be a good time. The food is worth the price and we loved it! We will be back!

• Visited November 2013