“A neighborhood gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruffino Italian Cuisine

Ruffino Italian Cuisine
4902 E. Warner Road, Ste. 7, Phoenix, AZ 85044-3316 (Ahwatukee Foothills)
480-893-8544
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Description: Ruffino Italian Cuisine is an upscale Italian restaurant in Ahwatukee, recognized for the past 25 years as a neighborhood destination for gathering with family and friends. The restaurant, recently remodeled, features an Old World Tuscan atmosphere with a piano bar at one end and a semi-private dining area at the other. At Ruffino you will find great food, unique, world-class service and a variety of weekly live entertainment options. Only the freshest ingredients are used and all of the pastas are homemade daily, plus the restaurant has an extensive list of wine and liquors. Happy Hour is offered Mon.-Fri. 3-7 p.m. Saturday 4-7pm and Sunday 4-close. Dinner is served seven days per week. Call for more information or to make a reservation today!
“A neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Ruffino has become our neighborhood go to restaurant for that very relaxing and delicious meal. The menu is extensive without being over the top. The chef specials never fail to be delightful and tasty. The service is impeccable without being intrusive or fussy without purpose. Most weekends a couple provide a just right level of music in bar section. The atmosphere is warm and friendly with a good deal of attention paid to guest satisfaction. We have paid considerably more for a nice Italian meal without nearly the satisfaction.

• Visited April 2014

Maricopa, Arizona
“Outstanding Italian food in Arizona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have visited Ruffino's a number of times now and have always found the food to be delicious, plentiful and worth every penny. The live music in the bar is always entertaining and appropriate for the clientele. Ruffino's has become our special occasion dinner destination.

• Visited March 2014
“Silverio Gonzalez Trejo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place is very good, great atmosphere, romantic and the food is delicius. we have shrimp skampi, and red snaper with a bottle of chianty, the cheff Martin came to our table to find out how was the special diner request, the owner of this restaurant was very kind and friendly, the waiter Chuck give us a good imformation about the menu and good advise on what type of wine to choose for our diner, we recomend this restaurant to all our friends and familly members.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Really good Italian... but an overwhelmed staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Kate and I tried Ruffino’s for dinner on Valentine’s Day and we learned a couple of valuable lessons…don’t eat out on Valentine’s Day and don’t try a new restaurant for a special occasion unless you have a trusted recommendation.

Ruffino’s was nice enough, the decor was pleasant, the staff very helpful, but on Valentine’s Day they were simply overwhelmed. We had a reservation and while they were ready to seat us, they were not ready to serve us. It appeared that they had taken too many reservations and the service subsequently suffered. Food came out late, food came out cold, drinks didn’t arrive, glasses weren’t refilled…you get the idea.

The food was really quite good. We started with the Clams Casino and the Shrimp Ravioli. Both were very tasty, but we had to get a second order of the ravioli as the first order was barely lukewarm when it arrived. The Osso Bucco was excellent and the spicy Angel Hair Pescatora was quite good too.

Unfortunately, we were so disappointed with the overall experience that we skipped dessert. Kate and I have submitted more than two dozen reviews and I don’t think we’ve skipped dessert except for one other time and that was because we were actually too full from dinner and too tired from traveling. The only reason we skipped dessert at Ruffino's was that we simply didn’t want to extend our dinner experience.

We think our experience may have been a little better if the circumstances had been different and the crowd not so overwhelming. Considering all of the restaurant choices in Phoenix, we probably won’t be going back to find out. We do recommend Ruffino’s for their food, with the hope that our experience with the service was just an exception.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Steve C, Owner at Ruffino Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear ChrisKate 2012,
I would like to apologize for the poor service experience that you had on Valentines Day this year. That day is our second busiest of the year and while I am confident that the vast majority of our Guests that night enjoyed the true Ruffino exoerince it is obvious from your review that you did not. I was however pleased to read that our Food quality did appear to live up to our high standards.

While I know I cannot fix what happened to you that night I do take these rare occurences very personally and I would like to attempt to try and rectify the situation. Please accept my invitation to try us again unannounced and without my being aware of who your are. At the end of your experience please ask for myself or if I'm not working please ask to see my manager Carley. I will send you a code word in a private message to let us know who you are. I would love to hear how your second experience with us was. Good or bad I will buy both of the entrees that you order that night.

Best regards, Steve Charron - Owner Ruffino Italian Cuisine
Waverly, IA
“Great food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had one of the best meals ever. My wife had the Chicken Carbonara that was to die for. Went back a second time for the same thing and it was equally as good. I loved their Calamari!! The two nights we were there, they had a group called String Theory playing ad=nd they were great. The waitress took great care of us and allowed us to enjoy the food and music. Great place.

• Visited March 2014