“Great dining and very nice place for a couples night out.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ruffino Italian Cuisine

Ruffino Italian Cuisine
4902 E. Warner Road, Ste. 7, Phoenix, AZ 85044-3316 (Ahwatukee Foothills)
480-893-8544
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night Food, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Description: Ruffino Italian Cuisine is an upscale Italian restaurant in Ahwatukee, recognized for the past 25 years as a neighborhood destination for gathering with family and friends. The restaurant, recently remodeled, features an Old World Tuscan atmosphere with a piano bar at one end and a semi-private dining area at the other. At Ruffino you will find great food, unique, world-class service and a variety of weekly live entertainment options. Only the freshest ingredients are used and all of the pastas are homemade daily, plus the restaurant has an extensive list of wine and liquors. Happy Hour is offered Mon.-Fri. 3-7 p.m. Saturday 4-7pm and Sunday 4-close. Dinner is served seven days per week. Call for more information or to make a reservation today!
Chandler, Arizona
“Great dining and very nice place for a couples night out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is where I got down on my knee and asked my wife to marry me. They have great food and great service. I made reservations and when I got there and gave them my name they acted very excited for me to be there. Addressed us both by name and used our names the entire night to address us. Wonderful experience. It's a restaurant right out of the movies! The food was great, the service was wonderful!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding Restaurant!! :) :) :) :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Ruffino has an on-line reservation system, from their Website, which I found quite easy and convenient to use.

When my wife and I arrived last night for our very first visit to Ruffino, they were expecting us and knew about our reservation immediately. We were seated promptly (in less than one minute).

Our dining experience was a very pleasant surprise. Service was attentive from the moment we arrived through our departure. We did not experience over-attentiveness either. Our waiter and bussers were always there at just the right time. And, we didn't feel rushed at all. It was a pleasant, quiet dinning experience with excellent food.

I cannot quite give it a five, but I wish I could. For the people who may remember Chianti's in Los Angeles (now closed after almost 70 years in business), Ruffino is similar, but not quite a 5 star. Ruffino has been in operation for over 20 years, but has keep a clean, up-dated appearance with a variety of seating accommodations which are spacious and comfortable. Their parking area is adequate and convenient - just outside the front door. There is no valet parking, but it's not truly practical given that the parking area is immediately outside the front door.

So, why not a 5? If 4.5 were an option, I'd give the 4.5. Ruffino's food was very, very good, but I may not have had the proper dinner to experience the depth of capabilities for Ruffino's kitchen. I had Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken, which was very, very good, but the Alfredo was just a small touch too thick for my palate. But, very enjoyable and did not detract from the overall dining experience. And, let's not forget that this dish does not exemplify the chef's skills when considering the many more interesting and taste tempting dinners on the menu. My wife had the Caribbean Filet (Beef tenderloin in a Smirnoff vodka currey sauce topped with grilled portabella mushrooms with asparagus and penne pasta) which I tasted and immediately regretted that I had not made the same choice; the beef was fork-tender, the mushroom caps were excellent and the sauce was captivating. We concluded our experience with tiramisu and crème brûlée; once again, outstanding. Both of our meals had an excellent presentation. So, when I go back (hopefully soon), I'm going to explore some one of the other tempting entrees to see if this restaurant deserves a 5.

I had trouble (quite a bit of trouble) deciding which of the entrees I wanted for my meal and I selected my dish solely because I like it and I haven't had it recently. I had a Caesar Salad which was among the best I've had recently and I think, perhaps, the Caesar Salad at 4 Seasons is the only better Caesar I've ever had. My wife and I shared an appetizer of spinach ravioli with a light covering of marinara sauce which was quite extraordinary. The wine list is a little thin, but has ample selection to accompany their dinners and satisfy most diners (this probably helps keep dinner prices affordable). One reviewer noted that Ruffino's martini glasses were small; I agree (they're perhaps 4/5ths of a normal glass), but the martini's were also very good. Ruffino has a very nice bar area suitable to have a drink while waiting to be seated or maybe have a glass of wine (or more) with an appetizer.

Most importantly, Ruffino did not clean-out my wallet. Their prices are very reasonable and, particularly so, when one considers the quantity and quality of food and service one receives. Our dinner (appetizer, salads, garlic bread, entrées, 4 martinis and desert) came to $115.xx with tax, before the tip. My wife and I both took some of our entrée home for lunch today, which demonstrates the abundant quantities.

This restaurant is conveniently located on Warner Road about 1/2 mile west of the Warner Rd. exit from I-10, which makes it easy to access from anywhere in the Phoenix area, especially the east valley (Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Guadalupe & Chandler).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sun Lakes, Arizona
“Always a Memorable Dining Experience....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

A long-time favorite of ours - we celebrate our special occasions here as well as enjoy introducing friends and out of town visitors. Wonderful ambiance, great service, delicious food - inquire about the Seafood Martini - it's not on the menu, but it's always available - you won't be disappointed!
It will be hard, but save room for dessert; their Creme Brulee is outstanding!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dinner at Ruffinos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Dined with out of town guests, and as usual, had a great meal. We arranged for frutti di mare, and it was great. This local restaurant is truly a gem.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to Ruffino for an Anniversary dinner and can say that I was not disappointed, yet wasn't really blown away either... Service was adequate and food was well prepared. Would have been a 5 rating had the service been more unobtrusive- server kept approaching our table at awkward moments (right at a bite of food, leaning in for a kiss with my wife, asking how food was before we even tasted it....) Would go again, but maybe just a few refreshers with the servers...

• Visited September 2013