“Ice cream!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
El Paso
“Ice cream!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

What a cute little place! Love the pink, white and black decor..the black booths are comfy, but I noticed a few tables with chairs that were darling too. Previous reviewer mentioned something about needing an overhaul..it must have been done because I noticed nothing needing reupholstered or painted or anything. It's a very cute and quaint place.
My very pregnant friend took me here specifically for the ice cream..we only had ice cream. Oh the choices! There are so many neat concoctions that you can order..we kept it simple and ordered a single scoop. I had coffee flavor, my friend had flavor of the day which was some sort of caramel/macadamia nut (I can't remember exactly but it was heavenly!) and another friend tried the peppermint bark. Their servings are very generous and prices are reasonable. "One" scoop ($2.75) was actually three little scoops in an ice cream dish (we ordered cup not cone)! Very creamy scrumptious ice cream. The coffee had a nice flavor, not too sweet; the peppermint bark was very refreshing and "minty". The staff is dressed in 50s retro, even their make up. They all looked darling and the service was super friendly. There were lots of families there and a nice patio that would be great to sit out on when it's cooler. Will definitely go back for more ice cream :-)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Homemade old fashion ice cream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Charming pink and white stripe decor with black accents stepping into this vintage icream parlor ,,your transported iback in the time od poodle shirts and pony tails bobby socks ,,,and the ice cream ,,rich ,,creamy ,,and specialty favors as well I love the black licorice ...my dad loves the old fashion cherry soda ,,,a whole some family feeling ,,great nice after date stop as well

Visited June 2012
Carefree, Arizona
“Good ice cream with average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We enjoyed the dessert the most. A scoop of freshly made ice cream. Who can complain about that? Sandwiches were ok. Nothing to write home about.

Visited February 2012
Paradise
“If we go back it will be through the drive-thru.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I figured this was the sort of place that people went to because of some sentiment from when they were younger, and maybe Mary Coyle's was cooler. I think I am right. The ice cream we had there was excellent, we shared an "ice cream creation" that consisted of strawberry and banana ice cream and strawberry/coconut.pineapple topping. But the servers were wearing extremely old uniforms and the decor was horrible. I am all for nostalgic restaurants with costumed employees, but this place was just in need of an overhaul. Mostly it was the outfits, but the booths looked like they could use a new reupholstering as well.

If we go back it will be through the drive-thru.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“When we were here our ice creams had very little flavor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Both our ice creams had very little flavor in them when we were here I don't know if they make ice cream that way all the time or if they were just off that day.