“Good Food if You Don't Have a Car to Get Offfsite” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #213 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street, 3/4 mile south of Thunderbird Rd.
Windsor, Colorado
“Good Food if You Don't Have a Car to Get Offfsite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I ate here 3 times during my 4 days at the Pointe Hilton Tapitio. Their Steakhouse Burger and fries were good. Their scallops were good, but you only get 3. I also tried some kind of fish there, I can't remember. I ate in the bar every time, but they also have a dining room. In the bar, you could watch several different sporting events. The lunch service was a little slow, but the dinner service was good.

Visited September 2013

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are staying at the Hilton so tried this restaurant, it is a great building inside wood panelling and low lighting.

The tables and chairs are very comfortable and the service was really prompt and efficient. We didn't have a starter as looking at others they were huge, we had an entree I had a flat iron steak on salsa verde with fries, the steak was cooked and seasoned to perfection, the fries were large and well cooked. My friend had pasta in a creamy sauce she said it was delicious. There was warm bread that was also well made and the wine list was extensive.

I had a chocolate volcano got desert it was a warm brownie and ice cream it was so good!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peoria, AZ
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at The Pointe n Tyme last night. The service and the food was outstanding. Our servers name was Shelby and she was made suggestions and was attentive, along with giving us privacy. We had the Pork Tenderloin and the short ribs. Both were so good we can hardly wait to go back. The short ribs were boneless and had been cooked slow for hours with a demi glaze over them. Even the carrots and green beans were perfectly cooked. We had the flourless chocolate cake for dessert which was also wonderful.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avondale, Arizona
“Attractive but Lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pointe in Tyme is a very attractive large restaurant set in one of Phoenix’s many fine resort hotels. My wife and I had dinner there on a Saturday evening at approximately 6 PM. We were promptly greeted and seated at a large banquette. We did note that the restaurant was quite full. A very friendly waitress arrived promptly and took our order for our appetizer and a drink. She complimented us on our choice of calamari and said it was one of the chef’s specialties.
The calamari arrived after a ten minute wait but we rejected it as it was tough and chewy. When we rejected it, the waitress asked if we would like to try something else and relied upon our memory of what was on the menu rather than telling or showing the menu. We selected the eggplant caponata bruschetta. Meanwhile I waited on my beverage. After another five minutes the waitress came back and said that the bar was out of Bacardi and had to go the storeroom to get some. After another ten minutes, the drink arrived, a rum and coke, with no garnishment such as lime or lemon.
After a total wait of fifteen minutes, or so, the eggplant caponata bruschetta arrived. It did appear to us as since this was a replacement order, it could have been served with a little more dispatch. The order was very good, if different, with golden raisins in the caponata which made it a little oversweet. While we were enjoying the bruschetta, the entrees arrived. Rather than returning the entrees to the kitchen to await our readiness, the entrees were dropped off at the far end of the table.(It should be noted at this time, the restaurant was staffed with wait staff, servers, a water person, and bus people, and others, moving around the dining area with great dispatch.)When we were done with the bruschetta, we had to clear the serving plate and appetizer dining plates and relocate entrees to our end of the table.
My wife had ordered the Chipolte Brown Sugar Short Ribs and I ordered the Sea Scallops. According to our waitress, the short ribs had been marinated for 48 hours and were indeed soft and tender and did not really a knife to manage. It came with whole glazed carrots and a little horseradish mashed potatoes. My wife did enjoy all except for the carrots. The sea scallops were served with a basmatti rice and, again, a little dab of spinach. Four large scallops along with he accompaniments were served in a huge bowl with a wide two to three inch rim and appeared to be lost in the serving. The preparation and taste was excellent.
We finished our meal sharing a deep dish caramel apple pie with cinnamon ice cream and coffee. The ice cream and apples were excellent but I did think the dough was slightly undercooked and I am still trying to figure out what makes a pie “deep dish.” Certainly not the plate on which it was served. The coffee was excellent.
We went to the restaurant thanks to a TravelZoo offer of $60 for $30. Our total bill including tip came to $32 (including one alcoholic drink) plus the $30 prepayment. Our final analysis - okay but definitely not great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Regular Hilton Guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good Evening Meals but Awesome Breakfast. As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay in Hilton's every week but have to compliment the team here for good service and one of the best breakfast buffets I have had. My family are with me this week and have also thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to Colleen, Brian, Janet and Sherri who have all looked after us so far. The Hilton blend coffee is a must. The fruit is always fresh and tasty and the banana bread is not to be missed.

• Visited August 2013