“Delicious meal at the resort.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pointe In Tyme at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 2,561 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street, 3/4 mile south of Thunderbird Rd.
Tucson, Arizona
“Delicious meal at the resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our server, Hector, was friendly, and is recommendations were spot-on. My flank steak was done exactly how I like it. Other 2 meals were the recommended beef short ribs, which were fork tender, and a chicken pasta dish which I didn't sample but my Mom ate heartily and enjoyed. Our meals were served promptly and arrived hot and fresh. With 2 draft beers, three dinners were $75.00, not too bad actually for good food and a lovely setting, great service, and friendly helpful staff.

Visited May 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Breakfast is good. Dinner not so good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a decent breakfast and very good service. Liked the buffet with the ability to order from the kitchen as well.
Dinner experience was not so good. Ate in the bar. About two minutes after my salad arrived (I am not kidding) my main dish (hot) arrived. I commented that I felt rushed that I was still eating my salad. I was told that the plate was hot so my dish would be just fine. She must have seen my turnip wagon parked out front. More than twice one of the wait staff tried to take my plate before i was finished. It wasn't like I was keeping another customer from having a place to eat, but they made me feel very rushed.
The entree was barley average. It came without any side item like a vegetable. I travel quite a bit around the US and mostly eat at higher end restaurants. This place gave me the feeling that it is into providing small, less than average quality servings and overcharging.
For breakfast it was great. I would not go back. or recommend it for dinner.

Visited May 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good for Breakfast and Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here several times for breakfast and lunch. They set up a buffet for breakfast and it's pretty nice. We missed the Easter brunch but understand that it was pretty amazing. It's a solid restaurant, but unless you were staying at the hotel I wouldn't go out of the way to eat here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Alberta
“Dark dreary clubhouse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We ate lunch here after a round of golf. Huge dark place with lots of wood panelling. Service a bit slow from the get go. Started with the Calamari and Mizuna salad which didn't come with any mizuna and no explanation as to why this was just a plate of calamari. Nothing special about the calamari - just OK. Ahi tostados were perfectly seared, colourful, could have used a bit more lime/tanginess. All that colour had led me to believe there would be more flavour. Seems pricey but we got 20% off with our golf scorecard.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Missouri
“Nice, unless you're expecting Different Pointe of View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to Different Pointe of View once years ago and really wanted to take my husband. We called ahead for reservations and asked for outside seating. They said they had just sprayed for bees so couldn’t seat outside but recommended Pointe in Tyme, their sister restaurant (very nice lady). So, we did that. It's much more casual, but still nice and beautiful inside. Prices were reasonable. No view (as compared to Different Pointe of View which is AMAZING!!!). My husband’s food was good (Parm Chicken Pasta), my salad was terrible. May just be my taste, I don't know. But I'm not a picky eater and I literally couldn't eat it and almost felt a little nauseated. It as the Farmers Salad. Make sure you really want it before you order. Ewww. But, other than that, it was a nice place.

• Visited April 2013