“Reasonably prices "home cooked" options” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
5022 E Chandler Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85048-0800 (Ahwatukee Foothills)
(480) 961-9443
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 2,593 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Eugene
“Reasonably prices "home cooked" options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Looking for a fast dinner while "on the road" and found it plentiful and reasonable. Staff friendly and would go again.

Visited September 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“We Love Cracker Barrel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have never had a bad meal at Cracker Barrel -- it is about as close to home cooked food as you can get at a chain restaurant. I love the nostalgic setting and the menu is very diverse.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great "Novelty" resaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Okay, we see the commercials all the time in Los Angeles which is silly because there are no Cracker Barrel restaurants/stores in all of California. So when planning our trip to Phoenix I decided to look and see if there was a Cracker Barrel anywhere near the resort. Awesome there was one just one exit up on the 10 freeway. The anticipation was high as we pulled in and saw the rows of rocking chairs for sale in front then once inside the smell of cinnamon candles was overwhelming. The novelty of this place in unbelievable. With Moon pies and jumbo size candy bars and soda and coffee and bake mix and I could go on, but my review is really for the restaurant. I ordered the Chicken and Dumplins no “g” in dumplins cuz were tryin to be authentic here. for my sides I ordered the Fried apples and steak fries. Okay the dumplins are not like my mommas these are the noodle flat kind of dumplins but they also had no flavor. I had to douse them with salt and pepper to get flavor into them. The fried apples were the best part of the meal. Also you get your choice of bread, I love corn bread so I picked that. My wife picked the buttermilk biscuit. I should have taken the Buttermilk Biscuit. Maybe my taste buds took a vacation but the cornbread had no flavor at all, She ordered the grilled chicken tenders mashed potatoes and Fries. She said all of her food was good, she asked me if I wanted to try them but I told her it might mess up my review of the restaurant  So for novelty, I give it a five, for my food I give it a four for my wife’s food I give it a four so overall average is four.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sandefjord, Norway
“great food as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

old fashion US country dinning with a country store in the front....
We always try to eat on one of their places in the us....

Visited July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Down Home Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Cracker Barrel is like visiting your grandma's house for dinner. Not great food but enough to come away full and satisfied. The service was good and the portions size is OK. It's aplace to go when you want comfort food.

Visited May 2013